User Tools

Site Tools


steercom:2021-01

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
steercom:2021-01 [2021/01/04 18:47]
SLUUG Administration [Treasurer Report]
steercom:2021-01 [2021/02/01 11:59] (current)
Line 15: Line 15:
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
     * :?:     * :?:
 +
 +  * **No physical meeting until further notice **
 +    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings.
 +    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line):
 +    * This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording.
 +    * Stan R used Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make secondary additional recording.
 +  * 2021-01-04 ​
 +    * Again the SimpleScreenRecorder sound messed up.
  
 <​code>​ <​code>​
Line 31: Line 39:
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
     * QUESTION: When was meeting called to order? ​     * QUESTION: When was meeting called to order? ​
-      * TIME: :?: +      * TIME: 6:48 PM
  
 ====== Attendees ====== ====== Attendees ======
Line 40: Line 48:
 :?: * Don Ellis :?: * Don Ellis
  
-:?: * David Forrest+* David Forrest
  
 :?: * Ken Johnson :?: * Ken Johnson
  
-:?: * Lee Lammert+* Lee Lammert
  
-:?: * Gary Meyer +* Gary Meyer 
  
-:?: * Stan Reichardt ​+* Stan Reichardt ​
  
-:?: * Steve Stegmann ​+* Steve Stegmann ​
  
 ====== Agenda Changes ====== ====== Agenda Changes ======
Line 64: Line 72:
   * Are there any additions, deletions, sequence, or other changes to sequence of items in the prepared agenda?   * Are there any additions, deletions, sequence, or other changes to sequence of items in the prepared agenda?
   * 2021-01-04   * 2021-01-04
-    ​:?: +  ​None
  
 ====== Secretary Report ====== ====== Secretary Report ======
  
   * 2021-01-04   * 2021-01-04
-    * :?:+    * Stan R acting as recording secretary using VIM.
  
 ====== Treasurer Report ====== ====== Treasurer Report ======
  
-^ Balance as of 1 November ​| | |$3,519.35 |+^ Balance as of 1 December ​| | |$3,519.35 |
 ^ Dotster | | | $-17.49 | ^ Dotster | | | $-17.49 |
-^ Balance as of 30 November ​| | |$3,501.86 |+^ Balance as of 30 December ​| | |$3,501.86 | 
 ====== Calendar Report ====== ====== Calendar Report ======
  
Line 109: Line 117:
   * Started counting **moved** and **delayed** items in April 2020 as they were considered being useful.   * Started counting **moved** and **delayed** items in April 2020 as they were considered being useful.
   * Improvements in Google Calendar feature limits to five days processing at at time, takes about 10 times as long to perform. Much more tedious.   * Improvements in Google Calendar feature limits to five days processing at at time, takes about 10 times as long to perform. Much more tedious.
 +  * 2021-01-04 Comments this month:
 +    * :?:
  
 ====== Subscriber Report ====== ====== Subscriber Report ======
Line 164: Line 174:
   * Don will investigate Google+ status   * Don will investigate Google+ status
   * Don will place credentials for YouTube and any others on Bock /home/sluug   * Don will place credentials for YouTube and any others on Bock /home/sluug
 +  * 2021-01-04 Comments this month:
 +    * :?:
 +
  
 ====== Attendance Report ====== ====== Attendance Report ======
Line 211: Line 224:
   * *  - SNUG SuSe was STL Novell Users Group with lunch meeting. ​ Discontinued December 2017.   * *  - SNUG SuSe was STL Novell Users Group with lunch meeting. ​ Discontinued December 2017.
   * -  - dash indicates no meeting.   * -  - dash indicates no meeting.
 +  * 2021-01-04 Comments this month:
 +    * :?:
  
 ====== Meeting Review Comments ====== ====== Meeting Review Comments ======
   * SUMMARY: We try to analyse what happened or was presented at the previous months meetings.   * SUMMARY: We try to analyse what happened or was presented at the previous months meetings.
- 
  
 ===== December 2020  ===== ===== December 2020  =====
Line 236: Line 250:
     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-    * :?:+    * Had atleast one new person. 
 +    * No further comment
  
-==== SLUUG - December 9 ==== +==== SLUUG - December 9 ==== * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​|SLUUG General Meeting]]
-  ​* [[http://​www.sluug.org/​|SLUUG General Meeting]]+
  
   * **No physical meeting until further notice **   * **No physical meeting until further notice **
Line 261: Line 275:
       * We did not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.       * We did not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-    * :?:+    * Enjoyed all the way around. ​ Very intersting. ​ Some did not understan how it was considered Open Source.
  
 ---- ----
Line 278: Line 292:
       * We did not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.       * We did not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-    * :?: +    * Interesting,​ and lots of good information. ​ Went really long, which was fine. 
 +    * Lee said that was orginally done about 12 years ago. 
 +    * Wasn't clear WHY needed to what level. ​ Mostly personal and artistic, still very good information. 
 +    * Full recording went to 3 hours, when Scott stopped. ​ About half hour longer than longest previous occurance.
  
 ==== NEWLUG - December 15 ==== ==== NEWLUG - December 15 ====
Line 297: Line 313:
       * This holiday scheduled meeting is one week early than normal.       * This holiday scheduled meeting is one week early than normal.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-    * :?: Might not record with ZOOM+    * Had not had time to track down recording
-    * :?:+    * Had atleast one new person.
  
 ==== STLLUG - December 17 ==== ==== STLLUG - December 17 ====
Line 327: Line 343:
       * As items became obsolete, the items were being remarked out.  Started building in 2008.       * As items became obsolete, the items were being remarked out.  Started building in 2008.
       * Showing this technique to our members would be informative to many.       * Showing this technique to our members would be informative to many.
-  ​* 2021-01-04  +    ​* 2021-01-04  
-    :?:+      Had not had time to track down recording. 
 +      * Very detailed, really enjoyable to be so in depth. ​ Lots of comments. 
 +      * More toward professional usage. ​ Above hobbist, about intermediate level.
  
 ==== Christmas Eve - December 24 ==== ==== Christmas Eve - December 24 ====
Line 337: Line 355:
  
 ==== Good Ridance 2020 ==== ==== Good Ridance 2020 ====
 + JIMANGI
  
 ====== Meeting Schedule ====== ====== Meeting Schedule ======
Line 374: Line 393:
     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-    * Might not record with ZOOM +    * Might not record with ZOOM, will record with SimpleScreenRecorder. 
-    * :?: +    * Jitsi has been updated, will likely use to hold session. 
- +    * Stan Would like to try out Jitsi if can find volunteers to test.
  
 ==== SLUUG - January 13th, 2021  ==== ==== SLUUG - January 13th, 2021  ====
Line 389: Line 407:
     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional) recording.     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional) recording.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-    * :?:+    * Might not record with ZOOM 
 +    * May record with Jitsi.
  
   * BASE (Personal Computing):   * BASE (Personal Computing):
Line 400: Line 419:
     * BIO: NO     * BIO: NO
     * REMARKS:     * REMARKS:
-      * :?: We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.+      * We do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.
       * :?:       * :?:
  
Line 406: Line 425:
     * STATUS: **Confirming**     * STATUS: **Confirming**
     * WHAT: Detailed Analysis of a Useful Bash Shell Script ​     * WHAT: Detailed Analysis of a Useful Bash Shell Script ​
-    * BY: Robert Hanson+    * BY: Robert Hanson ​???
     * SYNOPSIS: Something he uses to find or locate files on his system.     * SYNOPSIS: Something he uses to find or locate files on his system.
     * WRANGLER: Gary     * WRANGLER: Gary
Line 415: Line 434:
       * Need better title to go along with an abstract (to be done).       * Need better title to go along with an abstract (to be done).
       * Claimed to previously do talk on installing Linux        * Claimed to previously do talk on installing Linux 
-      * Does not have camera. ​ Would have everyone download ​copy of script+      * Does not have camera. ​ 
 +      * He should develop some number of slides. 
 +      * He needs hands on experience with ZOOM or Jitsi. 
 +      * His idea is to have participants download scripts from GitHub. ​Would have everyone download ​copies. 
 +      * Particpants may NOT have Linux machine. ​ May be on android phone, apple phone, tablet, etc. 
 +      * Gary has illusion that one of us here will volunteer to help with above. 
 +      * 
  
   * BASE (Personal Computing):   * BASE (Personal Computing):
     * STATUS: **Confirming**     * STATUS: **Confirming**
-    * WHAT: Using git to track files +    * WHAT: Anything Andrew Wants To Do In 30 Minutes 
-    * BY: Robert Citek+    * BY: Andrew Denner, CIALUG.ORG
     * SYNOPSIS: ​     * SYNOPSIS: ​
     * WRANGLER: Gary     * WRANGLER: Gary
     * ABSTRACT: NO     * ABSTRACT: NO
-    * BIO: YES, JULY 2020, Minimal, Need Better+    * BIO: NO
     * REMARKS:     * REMARKS:
-      * :?: We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand+      * We do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.
-      * Phone number not currently available. ​ Sent emails. Was moving.+
       * :?:       * :?:
  
Line 439: Line 463:
     * ABSTRACT: NO     * ABSTRACT: NO
     * BIO: YES     * BIO: YES
 +    * REMARKS:
 +      * :?: We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.
 +      * :?:
 +
 +  * BASE (Personal Computing):
 +    * STATUS: **Idea**
 +    * WHAT: Hand Held Music Box
 +    * BY: Lee Lammert
 +    * SYNOPSIS: Building a Handheld Touch Screen Music Library with Raspberry Pi and display
 +    * WRANGLER: Gary
 +    * ABSTRACT: NO
 +    * BIO: NO
     * REMARKS:     * REMARKS:
       * :?: We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.       * :?: We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.
Line 447: Line 483:
 ---- ----
  
-  * MAIN +  * MAIN (Enterprise Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Delaying** +    * STATUS: **Available** 
-    * WHAT: OpenVAS Security Software +    * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD) 
-    * BY: Tony Zafiropoulos,​ SysEngr CISA  +    * BY: Any Volunteer 
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​Forklift revision - nothing works like it used to work+    * SYNOPSIS: ​
     * WRANGLER: Gary     * WRANGLER: Gary
     * ABSTRACT: No     * ABSTRACT: No
-    * BIO: No, But he provides us with a link to his web page.+    * BIO: No
     * REMARKS: ​     * REMARKS: ​
-      * :?: We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. +      * :?: We do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.
-      * We will wait until he says he is fully ready. +
-      * We previously thought that this would be in the 22 October slot. +
-      * Listed topic on home page as TENTATIVE in October.  ​+
       * :?:       * :?:
  
Line 472: Line 505:
     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-    * :?:+    * Might not record with ZOOM 
 +    * May record with Jitsi.
  
   * LINUX   * LINUX
Line 485: Line 519:
       * :?: We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.       * :?: We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.
         * :?:         * :?:
 +
 +  * LINUX
 +    * STATUS: **Confirming**
 +    * WHAT: OpenVAS Security Software
 +    * BY: Tony Zafiropoulos,​ SysEngr CISA 
 +    * SYNOPSIS: Forklift revision - nothing works like it used to work
 +    * WRANGLER: Gary
 +    * ABSTRACT: No
 +    * BIO: No, But he provides us with a link to his web page.
 +    * REMARKS: ​
 +      * :?: We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.
 +      * We will wait until he says he is fully ready.
 +      * We previously thought that this would be in the 22 October slot.
 +      * Listed topic on home page as TENTATIVE in October.  ​
 +      * Anticipating to be able to provide abstract by 13 Jan.  ​
  
 ==== NEWLUG - January 26 ==== ==== NEWLUG - January 26 ====
Line 500: Line 549:
     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-    * :?: Might not record with ZOOM +    * Might not record with ZOOM 
-    * :?:+    * May record with Jitsi.
  
 ===== February 2021  ===== ===== February 2021  =====
Line 515: Line 564:
                       ​                       ​
 ==== STEERCOM - February 1st, 2021 ==== ==== STEERCOM - February 1st, 2021 ====
 +
 +==== Offical Election Due - February 2021 ====
  
 ==== SLACC - February 7th, 2021 ==== ==== SLACC - February 7th, 2021 ====
Line 525: Line 576:
     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-    * :?: Might not record with ZOOM +    * Might not record with ZOOM 
-    * :?:+    * May record with Jitsi.
  
 ==== SLUUG - February 10th, 2021  ==== ==== SLUUG - February 10th, 2021  ====
Line 538: Line 589:
     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional) recording.     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional) recording.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-    * :?:+    * Might not record with ZOOM 
 +    * May record with Jitsi.
  
   * BASE (Personal Computing):   * BASE (Personal Computing):
Line 556: Line 608:
 ---- ----
  
-  * MAIN+  * MAIN (Enterprise Computing):
     * STATUS: **Available**     * STATUS: **Available**
     * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD)     * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD)
Line 568: Line 620:
       * :?:       * :?:
  
 +  * MAIN
 +    * STATUS: **Confirming**
 +    * WHAT: Using git to track files
 +    * BY: Robert Citek
 +    * SYNOPSIS: ​
 +    * WRANGLER: Gary
 +    * ABSTRACT: NO
 +    * BIO: YES, JULY 2020, Minimal, Need Better
 +    * REMARKS:
 +      * We do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.
 +      * We are assuming this will be a MAIN level talk, might not be.
 +      * Phone number was not currently available. ​ Sent emails. Was moving.
 +      * As of this meeting we have not received ANY confirmation back.
 +      * As of 2021-01-06 Robert can't do January, offered February 10th. 
  
 +==== Valentines Day - February 15th, 2021  ====
  
 ==== STLLUG - February 18th, 2021  ==== ==== STLLUG - February 18th, 2021  ====
Line 580: Line 647:
     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-    * :?:+    * Might not record with ZOOM 
 +    * May record with Jitsi.
  
   * LINUX   * LINUX
Line 591: Line 659:
     * BIO: No     * BIO: No
       * :?:       * :?:
- 
  
 ==== NEWLUG - February 23rd, 2021  ==== ==== NEWLUG - February 23rd, 2021  ====
Line 607: Line 674:
     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-    * :?: Might not record with ZOOM +    * Might not record with ZOOM 
-    * :?: +    * May record with Jitsi.
  
 ===== March 2021  ===== ===== March 2021  =====
Line 622: Line 688:
 </​code>​ </​code>​
                       ​                       ​
 +==== Count Ballots - March 1st,  2021 ====
 +  * Volunteers count ballots
 +  * Submit results to Board for review ​
 +
 +==== BOARD - March 1st, 2021 ====
 +  * Review Board count results
 +  * Review Officer advisory count results
 +  * Determine results
 +
 ==== STEERCOM - March 1st, 2021 ==== ==== STEERCOM - March 1st, 2021 ====
 +  * Elected Officers convene meeting
 +  * 
  
 ==== SLACC - March 7th, 2021 ==== ==== SLACC - March 7th, 2021 ====
Line 633: Line 710:
     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-    * :?: Might not record with ZOOM +    * Might not record with ZOOM 
-    * :?:+    * May record with Jitsi.
  
 ==== SLUUG - March 10th, 2021  ==== ==== SLUUG - March 10th, 2021  ====
Line 646: Line 723:
     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional) recording.     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional) recording.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-    * :?:+    * Might not record with ZOOM 
 +    * May record with Jitsi.
  
   * BASE (Personal Computing):   * BASE (Personal Computing):
Line 663: Line 741:
 **      COOKIE TIME ~ ANNOUNCEMENTS ~ CALL FOR HELP  (Gooey Middle ):** **      COOKIE TIME ~ ANNOUNCEMENTS ~ CALL FOR HELP  (Gooey Middle ):**
 ---- ----
-  * MAIN+  * MAIN (Enterprise Computing):
     * STATUS: **Available**     * STATUS: **Available**
     * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD)     * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD)
Line 674: Line 752:
       * :?: We do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.       * :?: We do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-      * :?: 
       * :?:       * :?:
  
Line 688: Line 765:
     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-    * :?:+    * Might not record with ZOOM 
 +    * May record with Jitsi.
  
   * LINUX   * LINUX
Line 715: Line 793:
     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.     * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording.
   * 2021-01-04 ​   * 2021-01-04 ​
-    * :?: Might not record with ZOOM +    * Might not record with ZOOM 
-    * :?:+    * May record with Jitsi.
  
 ====== Old Business ====== ====== Old Business ======
Line 1049: Line 1127:
       *  ​       *  ​
   * 2021-01-04   * 2021-01-04
 +      * Google meet is free, doesn'​t archive.
 +      * We find ZOOM and Jitsi mostly sufficient.
 +      * We  can remove all above November 30 (for December).
       * :?:       * :?:
  
Line 1081: Line 1162:
       * ANSWER: ​ Motion to suspend the rules sent to STeerCOM mailing list..       * ANSWER: ​ Motion to suspend the rules sent to STeerCOM mailing list..
   * 2021-01-04   * 2021-01-04
 +      * If we suspend the rules, what do we do instead?
 +      * Move 
       * :?:       * :?:
 +
 +===== Board Meeting =====
 +7:56 Board meeting.
 +
 +7:57 Board meeting ajourned.
  
 ===== Organizational Papers ===== ===== Organizational Papers =====
Line 1091: Line 1179:
       * Box still sitting there.       * Box still sitting there.
   * 2021-01-04   * 2021-01-04
 +      * Gary had to step over the box to attend this session.
       * :?:       * :?:
  
Line 1101: Line 1190:
       * No change.       * No change.
   * 2021-01-04   * 2021-01-04
 +      * Don has not done any testing.
       * :?:       * :?:
  
Line 1108: Line 1198:
       * Does Anonymous Coward get a vote?       * Does Anonymous Coward get a vote?
   * 2021-01-04   * 2021-01-04
 +      * We need to announce elections and official annual meeting 30 days prior.
 +      * We need to remember to mail ANNOUNCE/​DISCUSS with election results.
 +      * Lee suggested voting should be done by paper ballots.
 +      * Does anyone else want to be on committee.
 +      * QUEStiON Must official annual meeting be at main General meeting?
 +      * ANSWER Per Gary we did annual meeting at STLLUG meeting one year, and nobody objected.
 +      * Do we have rules?
       * :?:       * :?:
  
Line 1144: Line 1241:
   *    * 
   * January 2021 - STLLINUX.ORG domain automatic renewal.   * January 2021 - STLLINUX.ORG domain automatic renewal.
 +  * January 2021 - auto renew of STLWEBDEV was DISABLED today, 4 January 2021.
   * January 2021 ~ Post Office Box Renewal (automatic 6 months on credit card~ Lee handles.   * January 2021 ~ Post Office Box Renewal (automatic 6 months on credit card~ Lee handles.
   *    * 
   * February 2021 - SLUUG Annual Board meeting and elections.   * February 2021 - SLUUG Annual Board meeting and elections.
-  * February 2021 - Verify renewal of certs with LetsEncrypt+  * February 2021 - Verify ​automatic ​renewal of certs with LetsEncrypt ​(every 90 days). 
 +  * February 2021 - Cancel auto renew of STLWEBDEV before 18 December 21.
   *    * 
   * March 2021 - Count Ballots   * March 2021 - Count Ballots
Line 1179: Line 1278:
   * QUESTION: Did anyone do anything helpful or useful?   * QUESTION: Did anyone do anything helpful or useful?
   * 2021-01-04   * 2021-01-04
 +      * Lee Lammert got CIALUG folks into our meetings.
       * :?:       * :?:
  
Line 1211: Line 1311:
       * Gary and Stan need to go through this section.       * Gary and Stan need to go through this section.
   * 2021-01-04   * 2021-01-04
 +      * Gary and Stan need to go through this section.
       * :?:       * :?:
  
Line 1235: Line 1336:
     * We are moving Blue Skies segment to after adjournment,​ so it would take place after formal end of meeting and would not be video recorded.     * We are moving Blue Skies segment to after adjournment,​ so it would take place after formal end of meeting and would not be video recorded.
     * :?:     * :?:
- 
-===== REMOVED November 2020  ===== 
-REMOVED FROM ABOVE REMOVED FROM ABOVE REMOVED FROM ABOVE REMOVED FROM ABOVE 
-REMOVED FROM ABOVE REMOVED FROM ABOVE REMOVED FROM ABOVE REMOVED FROM ABOVE 
- 
-<​code>​ 
-   ​November 2020      ​ 
-Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  ​ 
- ​1 ​ 2  3  4  5  6  7  ​ 
- ​8 ​ 9 10 11 12 13 14  ​ 
-15 16 17 18 19 20 21  ​ 
-22 23 24 25 26 27 28  ​ 
-29 30                  
-</​code>​ 
- 
-==== STEERCOM - November 2 ==== 
-  * HISTORY Steering Committee usually meets on Monday of the week prior (9 days) to General Meeting. 
-    * Link to [[/​steercom/​minutes|past minutes and agenda]]. 
-    * Link to [[/​steercom/​plans|PLANS]] from Planning Schedule Database. 
-    * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-      * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-      * This session was recorded with private Jitsi, on OMNITEC remote video service. ​ Did not record with ZOOM. 
-      * Stan R used Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ONLY recording. 
-      * Jitsi was acting a bit weird, asking for password. 
-      * Jitsi sound recording *failed* to pick up everyone. ​ Assuming configuration problem. 
-==== SLACC - November 5 ==== 
-  * [[http://​slacc.sluug.org/​|SLACC]] usually holds a **Linux Workshop** offering installation and configuration help - no presentation 
-    * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-      * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-      * This session to be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service. 
-      * Stan R used Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make recording. 
-      * Very similar to NEWLUG because we don't have hands on with hardware. 
-==== Veterans Day HOLIDAY - November 11 ==== 
-==== SLUUG - November 11 ==== 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​|SLUUG General Meeting]] 
-    * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-      * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-        * We want to have alternative (secondary) topic on hand if primary speaker doesn'​t show.  
-        * This session to be done with ZOOM on OMNITEC remote video service. ​ 
-        * Stan R used Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make additional recording. 
-    *  
-    * BASE (Personal Computing): 
-      * STATUS: **Done** 
-      * WHAT: Using the Make utility 
-      * BY: Ed Howland 
-      * SYNOPSIS: Tutorial on using Make 
-      * WRANGLER: Gary 
-      * ABSTRACT: YES 
-      * BIO: YES 
-      * REMARKS: 
-        * We do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-        * Being blind, Ed's marker was interesting. 
-        * Stan R found topic very interesting,​ would like to start using markup language. 
-        * Since we didn't have a MAIN, we encouraged Ed to keep going. ​ And he went for another hour and a half. 
-        * Was very intersting and got lots of feedback and questions. 
-        * Gary contents we try to overbook the evenings.  ​ 
-        * Since we have started doing remote meetings, the audience doesn'​t really want too much more than 90 minutes. 
----- 
-**      COOKIE TIME ~ ANNOUNCEMENTS ~ CALL FOR HELP  (Gooey Middle ):** 
----- 
-    *  
-    * MAIN (Enterprise Computing): 
-      * STATUS: **Not Done** 
-      * WHAT: OpenVAS Security Software 
-      * BY: Tony Zafiropoulos,​ SysEngr CISA  
-      * SYNOPSIS: Forklift revision - nothing works like it used to work 
-      * WRANGLER: Gary 
-      * ABSTRACT: No 
-      * BIO: No 
-      * REMARKS: ​ 
-        * Listed topic on home page as TENTATIVE 
-        * We did not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-==== STLLUG - November 19 ==== 
-  * [[https://​stllug.sluug.org/​|STLLUG]] is the St. Louis Linux Users Group. 
-    * We want to have alternative (secondary) topic on hand if primary speaker doesn'​t show.  
-    * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-      * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-      * This session was done with ZOOM on OMNITEc remote video service. ​ 
-      * Stan R used Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make additional recording 
-    *  ​ 
-    * LINUX 
-      * STATUS: **Done** 
-      * WHAT: Linux and Win 10 
-      * BY: Ken Johnson 
-      * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-      * WRANGLER: Gary 
-      * ABSTRACT: Yes 
-      * BIO: Yes 
-      * REMARKS: We previously thought that this would be in the 22 October slot. 
-        * Per Stan R describes this as yet another outstanding and well structured presentation from Ken. 
-        * Ken provided complete LibreOffice Impress slides with notes for downloading from our archives page. 
-        *  
-==== NEWLUG - November 24 ==== 
-  * [[http://​newlug.sluug.org |NEWLUG]] Our Linux Users Group for Linux Newcomers. ​ 
-    * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-      * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-      * This session was NOT done with ZOOM on OMNITEC remote video service. 
-      * Stan R used Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make recording (not for posting). 
-    * REMARKS: 
-      * TOPICS are usually determined by attendees. ​ We usually cover more than one topic. 
-      * NEWLUG home page lists a number of topics to provide general directions from which to take off. 
-      * Had 3 newcomers attend. 
-      * Stan R later installed Debian 10 (Buster) with Cinnamon Desktop Environment at his home for one newcomer. 
-      * In return we may get some free radio spots in St. Louis Metro Area. 
-==== THANKSGIVING - November 26 ==== 
-==== STEERCOM - November 30 for December ==== 
-  * HISTORY Steering Committee usually meets on Monday of the week prior (9 days) to General Meeting. 
-    * Link to [[/​steercom/​minutes|past minutes and agenda]]. 
-    * Link to [[/​steercom/​plans|PLANS]] from Planning Schedule Database. 
-    * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-      * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-        * This session was NOT done with with ZOOM on OMNITEC remote video service. 
-        * Don Ellis was not available to do minutes. 
-        * Stan R available, used Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make primary recording 
  
  
steercom/2021-01.txt · Last modified: 2021/02/01 11:59 (external edit)