User Tools

Site Tools


steercom:2021-01

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

steercom:2021-01 [2021/01/04 18:47]
SLUUG Administration [Treasurer Report]
steercom:2021-01 [2021/02/01 11:59]
Line 1: Line 1:
-====== SLUUG Steering Committee -  4 January 2021 ====== 
- 
-NOTE: Minutes posted on the Wiki are always unofficial. 
-Schedules for upcoming presentations are always tentative. 
-(Some more tentative than others!) 
- 
-====== Location ====== 
- 
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line): 
-    * :?: This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: This session may be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
-<​code>​ 
-    January 2021      ​ 
-Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  ​ 
-                1  2  ​ 
- ​3 ​ 4  5  6  7  8  9  ​ 
-10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ​ 
-17 18 19 20 21 22 23  ​ 
-24 25 26 27 28 29 30  ​ 
-31                    ​ 
-</​code>​ 
- 
-====== Start Meeting ====== 
-  * Monday, January 4th,  2020 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * QUESTION: When was meeting called to order? ​ 
-      * TIME: :?:  
- 
-====== Attendees ====== 
-Listed alphabetically by last name: 
- 
-:?: * James Conroy 
- 
-:?: * Don Ellis 
- 
-:?: * David Forrest 
- 
-:?: * Ken Johnson 
- 
-:?: * Lee Lammert 
- 
-:?: * Gary Meyer  
- 
-:?: * Stan Reichardt ​ 
- 
-:?: * Steve Stegmann ​ 
- 
-====== Agenda Changes ====== 
-//  SUMMARY: This is where we consider any additions, deletions, sequence, or other changes to sequence of items in the prepared agenda. ​ // 
- 
-  * HISTORY: ​ 
-  * We consider changes prior to all reviews, planning and OLD BUSINESS items by jumping ahead, then back, without altering agenda layout. 
-  * We jump to old items then back to usual sequence. 
-  * We jump to *New Business* section, create new item, consider, then jump back to usual sequence. 
-  * By not altering agenda layout, it is easier to build next month'​s agenda. ​ Moving a previous item out of sequence made editing difficult. 
- 
-  * NEW BUSINESS: Any other new business? 
-  * Are there any additions, deletions, sequence, or other changes to sequence of items in the prepared agenda? 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-    * :?: 
- 
- 
-====== Secretary Report ====== 
- 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-    * :?: 
- 
-====== Treasurer Report ====== 
- 
-^ Balance as of 1 November | | |$3,519.35 | 
-^ Dotster | | | $-17.49 | 
-^ Balance as of 30 November | | |$3,501.86 | 
-====== Calendar Report ====== 
- 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​resources/​calendar|SLUUG Calendar]] is a Google Calendar available on our web site. 
-  * This is a calendar of technical events in the Greater St. Louis area and surrounding regions. ​ 
-  * Not all events are official/​sponsored SLUUG events. ​ All sponsored events are shown in red. 
-  * Items have been added and corrected by Stan R, Gary Meyer and Don Ellis. 
-  * Items listed on this calendar were used to feed the ANNOUNCE weekly mailing. 
-  * Events on HIATUS are NOT counted! ​ Historical items are NOT counted! ​ Only face to face meetings are counted! 
-  * Count of number of events listed, each month, as of end of December 2020: 
- 
-| Year ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul ^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | Year ^  
-^ 2011 | xxx | xxx | 105 | 108 | 103 | 117 | 105 | 105 | 105 | 113 | 103 |  96 ^ 2011 ^ 
-^ 2012 | 110 | 104 | 122 | 123 | 138 | 111 |  99 | 124 | 122 | 133 | 114 | 111 ^ 2012 ^ 
-^ 2013 | 123 | 128 | 136 | 147 | 144 | 146 | 139 | 119 | 145 | 167 | 153 | 140 ^ 2013 ^ 
-^ 2014 | 143 | 159 | 174 | 165 | 188 | 165 | 132 | 136 | 173 | 165 | 141 | 107 ^ 2014 ^ 
-^ 2015 | 171 | 179 | 177 | 183 | 176 | 168 | 162 | 176 | 206 | 294 | 236 | 197 ^ 2015 ^ 
-^ 2016 | 260 | 277 | 314 | 231 | 183 | 191 | 157 | 166 | 222 | 224 | 212 | 157 ^ 2016 ^ 
-^ 2017 | 133 | 141 | 177 | 168 | 137 | 143 | 124 | 158 | 173 | 163 | 168 | 129 ^ 2017 ^ 
-^ 2018 | 165 | 177 | 166 | 179 | 162 | 165 | 147 | 176 | 166 | 184 | 163 | 113 ^ 2018 ^ 
-^ 2019 | 131 | 160 | 173 | 171 | 145 | 155 | 130 | 144 | 157 | 179 | 182 | 127 ^ 2019 ^ 
-^ 2020 | 157 | 172 | 188 | 147 | 152 | 174 | 171 | 154 | 168 | 163 | 184 ^ 155 ^ 2020 ^ 
- 
-  * Greyed out areas indicate corrections or never previously reported counts. 
-  * xxx - numbers not recorded. 
-  * ??? - Future Numbers. 
-  * Stopped counting general StL County Library events in May 2016. 
-  * Re-counted April 2016 without library events. 
-  * Count of calendar entries for May is down from previous months. No explanation is given. 
-  * Count of calendar entries for March 2020 misleading because of  
-  * Limited maintenance effort for March 2020 because CORONAVIRUS-19 self-isolation effects. 
-  * Started counting **moved** and **delayed** items in April 2020 as they were considered being useful. 
-  * Improvements in Google Calendar feature limits to five days processing at at time, takes about 10 times as long to perform. Much more tedious. 
- 
-====== Subscriber Report ====== 
- 
-  * SUMMARY Mailing List Report combined with MEETUP membership count, now called Subscriber Report. 
-  * Subscriber numbers (approximate) as of end of December 2020: 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2017 |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ^ Year   ^ 
-| List     ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul ^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec |List    | 
-^ MEETUP ​  | 273 | 285 | 291 | 299 | 301 | 302 | 304 | 315 | 319 | 325 | 336 | 340 ^MEETUP ​ | 
-^ ANNOUNCE | 582 | 580 | 575 | 570 | 569 | 569 | 569 | 568 | 566 | 562 | 562 | 559 ^ANNOUNCE| 
-^ DISCUSS ​ | 197 | 196 | 193 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 191 | 192 | 191 | 189 | 188 | 189 ^DISCUSS | 
-^ STEERCOM |  36 |  36 |  35 |  34 |  34 |  34 |  34 |  34 |  33 |  33 |  33 |  33 ^STEERCOM| 
-^ SYSADMIN |  20 |  20 |  20 |  23 |  23 |  23 |  23 |  23 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 ^SYSADMIN| 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2018 |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ^ Year   ^ 
-| List     ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul ^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | List    | 
-^ MEETUP ​  | 348 | 360 | 367 | 372 | 375 | 377 | 385 | 390 | 393 | 402 | 408 | 416 ^ MEETUP ​ | 
-^ ANNOUNCE | 556 | 544 | 543 | 543 | 545 | 542 | 535 | 534 | 533 | 531 | 531 | 533 ^ ANNOUNCE| 
-^ DISCUSS ​ | 188 | 188 | 187 | 187 | 187 | 187 | 187 | 185 | 184 | 184 | 185 | 183 ^ DISCUSS | 
-^ STEERCOM |  33 |  33 |  33 |  33 |  32 |  32 |  32 |  32 |  32 |  31 |  31 |  31 ^ STEERCOM| 
-^ SYSADMIN |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 ^ SYSADMIN| 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2019 |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ^ Year    ^ 
-| List     ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul ^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | List    | 
-^ MEETUP ​  | 416 | 423 | 432 | 443 | 452 | 464 | 466 | 473 | 472 | 480 | 488 | 497 ^ MEETUP ​ | 
-^ ANNOUNCE | 532 | 532 | 532 | 534 | 519 | 516 | 516 | 514 | 513 | 516 | 513 | 510 ^ ANNOUNCE| 
-^ DISCUSS ​ | 184 | 182 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 183 | 191 | 190 | 191 | 191 | 190 | 190 ^ DISCUSS | 
-^ STEERCOM |  31 |  31 |  31 |  31 |  31 |  31 |  31 |  30 |  30 |  31 |  32 |  32 ^ STEERCOM| 
-^ SYSADMIN |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  16 |  16 |  16 |  16 |  16 |  16 ^ SYSADMIN| 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2020 |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ^ Year    ^ 
-| List     ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul ^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | List    | 
-^ MEETUP ​  | 501 | 514 | 516 | 521 | 527 | 535 | 547 | 555 | 564 | 570 | 577 ^ 590 ^ MEETUP ​ | 
-^ ANNOUNCE | 504 | 502 | 501 | 501 | 500 | 499 | 497 | 495 | 492 | 491 | 490 ^ 490 ^ ANNOUNCE| 
-^ DISCUSS ​ | 188 | 190 | 189 | 191 | 191 | 189 | 189 | 188 | 188 | 189 | 190 ^ 188 ^ DISCUSS | 
-^ STEERCOM |  31 |  31 |  31 |  30 |  30 |  30 |  30 |  24 |  23 |  23 |  23 ^  23 ^ STEERCOM| 
-^ SYSADMIN |  16 |  16 |  16 |  16 |  15 |  15 |  15 |  15 |  15 |  15 |  15 ^  15 ^ SYSADMIN| 
- 
-  * Numbers as end of each month. 
-  * Blocking of mailing list attachments not completely configured yet. This will be much easier to do on BOCK. 
-  * ANNOUNCE mailing list. 
-    * Still no volunteer editor to do a quarterly or monthly newsletter. 
-  * Command used to generate these (as root on Bud): 
-    * /​usr/​local/​mailman/​bin/​list_members **list_name** | wc -l (This doesn'​t seem to work on Bock.) 
-  * Greyed out areas indicate corrections or never previously reported counts. 
-  * xxx - numbers not recorded. 
-  * ??? - Future Numbers. 
-  * -  - dash indicates list did not previously exist. 
- 
-  * We do NOT have any account access or control to our presence and videos on Google+ or YouTube. 
-  * We do NOT know how or what to count in Google+ ​  NOR do we know how to metric videos. 
-  * We do NOT know how or what to count in YouTube ​  NOR do we know how to metric videos. 
-  * No way to change meeting dates or set temporary hiatus in Google+ 
-  * Don will investigate Google+ status 
-  * Don will place credentials for YouTube and any others on Bock /home/sluug 
- 
-====== Attendance Report ====== 
- 
-  * Initial mail list subscriptions are prompted by attendance sheets. 
-  * Group leaders are responsible for taking attendance at meetings. 
-  * Blank attendance sheets are [[http://​www.sluug.org/​resources/​attendance/​|available here]] 
-  * Attendance numbers, as of end of December 2020: 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2017 |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ^ Year    ^ 
-| Meeting ​ ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul ^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | Meeting ^ 
-^ Steercom |   8 |   6 |   8 |   6 |   7 |   7 |   5 |   6 |   6 |   4 |   6 |   3 ^ Steercom| 
-^ SLACC    |   7 |  12 |  10 |   5 |   7 | (10)|   6 |   7 |   8 |  11 |  xx |   6 ^ SLACC   | 
-^ SLUUG    |  20 |  17 |  24 |  17 |  10 |  13 |   7 |  13 |  12 |  21 |  14 |  16 ^ SLUUG   | 
-^ STLLUG ​  ​| ​ 14 |  15 |  18 |  14 |  15 |  14 |  18 |  16 |  16 |  12 | (27)|  xx ^ STLLUG ​ | 
-^ NEWLUG ​  ​| ​  9 |  10 |  xx |   7 |   7 |   8 |   7 |   5 |   8 |   5 |   7 |   9 ^ NEWLUG ​ | 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2018 |    |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​^ ​ Year   ^ 
-| Meeting ​ ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | Meeting ^ 
-^ Steercom |   7 |   3 |   6 |   7 |   6 |   6 |   ​5| ​  5 |   7 |   5 |   5 |   4 ^ Steercom| 
-^ SLACC    |   6 |   6 |   7 |   9 |   6 |   6 |   ​7| ​  6 |   7 |   4 |   4 |   5 ^ SLACC   | 
-^ SLUUG    |  14 |  13 |  13 |  18 |  15 |  11 |   ​8| ​ 15 |  14 |  14 |  10 |  13 ^ SLUUG   | 
-^ STLLUG ​  ​| ​ 12 |   8 |  13 |  11 |  13 |  10 |  11|  15 |  13 |  xx |   9 |   9 ^ STLLUG ​ | 
-^ NEWLUG ​  ​| ​  8 |  11 |   8 |  11 |  11 |   9 |  10|  12 |   9 |   7 |  10 |   5 ^ NEWLUG ​ | 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2019 |    |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​^ ​ Year   ^ 
-| Meeting ​ ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | Meeting ^ 
-^ Steercom |   6 |   6 |   6 |   7 |   5 |   8 |   ​6| ​  6 |   8 |   8 |   7 |   8 ^ Steercom| 
-^ SLACC    |   6 |   6 |   7 ^   7 |   8 |   7 |   ​6| ​ 10 |  10 |   9 |   6 |   9 ^ SLACC   | 
-^ SLUUG    |  15 |  14 |  13 |  18 |  12 |  15 |  17| (20)|  18 |  14 |  17 |  25 ^ SLUUG   | 
-^ STLLUG ​  ​| ​ 18 |  11 |  11 |  16 |  12 |  16 |  20|  16 |  14 |  18 |  18 |  17 ^ STLLUG ​ | 
-^ NEWLUG ​  ​| ​  9 |   5 |  11 |  10 |   8 |   7 |  10|  13 |   9 |   5 |   6 |   3 ^ NEWLUG ​ | 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2020 |    |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​^ ​ Year   ^ 
-| Meeting ​ ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | Meeting ^ 
-^ Steercom |   4 |   6 |   6 |  (8)|  (5)|  (7)| (6)|  (6)|  (7)|  (6)|  (6)^  (5)^ Steercom| 
-^ SLACC    |   9 |   8 |  (6)|  (8)|  (7)|  (9)|(11)| ​ (7)| (10)| (10)|  (8)^  (8)^ SLACC   | 
-^ SLUUG    |  17 |  13 |  xx | (??)| (18)| (22)|(29)| (22)| (16)| (??)| (17)^ (25)^ SLUUG   | 
-^ STLLUG ​  ​| ​ 18 |  12 | (12)| (??)| (20)| (19)|(25)| (10)| (16)| (23)| (15)^ (xx)^ STLLUG ​ | 
-^ NEWLUG ​  ​| ​  6 |   6 |   - | (10)| (13)| (13)|(12)| (11)| (11)| (12)| (15)^ (xx)^ NEWLUG ​ | 
- 
-  * Greyed out areas indicate corrections or never previously reported counts. 
-  * xx - numbers not yet recorded, attendance not taken, or sheet missing. 
-  * ?? - Future Numbers. 
-  *(9) - Number in parentheses is head count. Use head count if greater than attendance sheet count (or sheet missing). 
-  * *  - sLUGs was STL Linux Users Group for Seniors with initial meeting 8 February 2015. Discontinued October 2017. 
-  * *  - SNUG SuSe was STL Novell Users Group with lunch meeting. ​ Discontinued December 2017. 
-  * -  - dash indicates no meeting. 
- 
-====== Meeting Review Comments ====== 
-  * SUMMARY: We try to analyse what happened or was presented at the previous months meetings. 
- 
- 
-===== December 2020  ===== 
-<​code>​ 
-   ​December 2020      ​ 
-Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  ​ 
-       ​1 ​ 2  3  4  5  ​ 
- ​6 ​ 7  8  9 10 11 12  ​ 
-13 14 15 16 17 18 19  ​ 
-20 21 22 23 24 25 26  ​ 
-27 28 29 30 31        ​ 
-</​code>​ 
- 
-==== SLACC - December 3 ==== 
-  * [[http://​slacc.sluug.org/​|SLACC]] usually holds a **Linux Workshop** offering installation and configuration help - no presentation 
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line): 
-    * :?: This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: This session may be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== SLUUG - December 9 ==== 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​|SLUUG General Meeting]] 
- 
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line): 
-    * :?: This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: This session may be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
-  * BASE (Personal Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Done** 
-    * WHAT: Tracking Airplanes with Open Source 
-    * BY: Lee Lammert 
-    * SYNOPSIS: Pretty colors and airplanes 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: YES 
-    * BIO: YES 
-    * REMARKS: 
-      * We did not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
----- 
-**      COOKIE TIME ~ ANNOUNCEMENTS ~ CALL FOR HELP  (Gooey Middle ):** 
----- 
- 
-  * Main (Enterprise Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Done** 
-    * WHAT: Typography 
-    * BY: Scott Granneman 
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: YES 
-    * BIO: YES 
-    * REMARKS: 
-      * We did not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
- 
-==== NEWLUG - December 15 ==== 
-  * [[http://​newlug.sluug.org |NEWLUG]] Our Linux Users Group for Linux Newcomers. ​ 
-// SUMMARY ​ 
-      The NEWLUG home page lists a number of topics to provide general directions from which we could take off. 
-      Topics are usually determined by attendees.  ​ 
-      We usually cover way more than one topic. 
-// 
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line): 
-    * :?: This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: This session may be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * This holiday scheduled meeting is one week early than normal. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: Might not record with ZOOM. 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== STLLUG - December 17 ==== 
-  * [[https://​stllug.sluug.org/​|STLLUG]] is the St. Louis Linux Users Group. 
-    * We want to have alternative (secondary) topic on hand if primary speaker doesn'​t show.  
-    * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-      * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-      * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete the other (and this line): 
-      * :?: This session was done with ZOOM on OMNITEc remote video service. ​ 
-      * :?: This session was done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service ​ 
-      * Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | additional ) recording 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
-  * LINUX 
-    * STATUS: **DONE** 
-    * WHAT: System Configuration Tracking 
-    * BY: Dave Forrest 
-    * SYNOPSIS: Configuration Tracking with Bash Script 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: YES 
-    * BIO: YES 
-    * REMARKS: 
-      * We did not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-      * Orginal title was: Configuration Tracking with Bash Script 
-      * Ultimatly needed a better title to go along with abstract. 
-      * Bash script wrote to add applications. ​ Script is 7 pages long.  Should be interesting. 
-      * As items became obsolete, the items were being remarked out.  Started building in 2008. 
-      * Showing this technique to our members would be informative to many. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== Christmas Eve - December 24 ==== 
- 
-==== Christmas Day HOLIDAY - December 25 ==== 
- 
-==== New Year Eve - December 31 ==== 
- 
-==== Good Ridance 2020 ==== 
- 
-====== Meeting Schedule ====== 
-// SUMMARY * We try to track prospects to give presentations at our SLUUG General (SLUUG) meeting and LINUX (STLLUG) meetings.// 
-    * We try to segregate topic types as either **BASE, MAIN or LINUX,** with BASE and MAIN given at the General meeting (SLUUG) . 
-    * **BASE** ​ topics should be oriented toward simpler Personal Computing. Usually given as General meeting (SLUUG). Short is good. 
-    * **MAIN** ​ topics should be oriented more toward advanced or Enterprise Computing. Usually given at General meeting (SLUUG). 
-    * **LINUX** topics could be either at the General meeting or at the St. Louis Linux Users Group (STLLUG) meetings. 
-    * We always want to have alternative topics on hand if primary speaker doesn'​t show. 
-    * Gary will continue to explore different computer manufacturers (ex: Cray) who might be able to do presentation "Where are they now?" 
-      * :?: 
- 
-===== January 2021  ===== 
-<​code>​ 
-    January 2021      ​ 
-Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  ​ 
-                1  2  ​ 
- ​3 ​ 4  5  6  7  8  9  ​ 
-10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ​ 
-17 18 19 20 21 22 23  ​ 
-24 25 26 27 28 29 30  ​ 
-31                    ​ 
-</​code>​ 
- 
-==== New Year Day HOLIDAY - January 1, 2021 ==== 
- 
-==== STEERCOM - January 4th, 2021 ==== 
- 
-==== SLACC - January 7th, 2021 ==== 
- 
-  * [[http://​slacc.sluug.org/​|SLACC]] usually holds a **Linux Workshop** offering installation and configuration help - no presentation 
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line): 
-    * :?: This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: This session may be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * Might not record with ZOOM 
-    * :?: 
- 
- 
- 
-==== SLUUG - January 13th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​|SLUUG General Meeting]] 
-    * We want to have alternative (secondary) topic on hand if primary speaker doesn'​t show.  
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line): 
-    * :?: This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: This session may be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional) recording. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
-  * BASE (Personal Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Available** 
-    * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD) 
-    * BY: Any Volunteer 
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: NO 
-    * BIO: NO 
-    * REMARKS: 
-      * :?: We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-      * :?: 
- 
-  * BASE (Personal Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Confirming** 
-    * WHAT: Detailed Analysis of a Useful Bash Shell Script ​ 
-    * BY: Robert Hanson 
-    * SYNOPSIS: Something he uses to find or locate files on his system. 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: NO 
-    * BIO: NO 
-    * REMARKS: 
-      * :?: We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-      * Need better title to go along with an abstract (to be done). 
-      * Claimed to previously do talk on installing Linux  
-      * Does not have camera. ​ Would have everyone download copy of script 
- 
-  * BASE (Personal Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Confirming** 
-    * WHAT: Using git to track files 
-    * BY: Robert Citek 
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: NO 
-    * BIO: YES, JULY 2020, Minimal, Need Better 
-    * REMARKS: 
-      * :?: We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-      * Phone number not currently available. ​ Sent emails. Was moving. 
-      * :?: 
- 
-  *  
-  * BASE (Personal Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Confirming** 
-    * WHAT: Anything Scott Wants To Do In 30 Minutes 
-    * BY: Scott Granneman 
-    * SYNOPSIS: A dramatic reading from the Linux Phrase Book 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: NO 
-    * BIO: YES 
-    * REMARKS: 
-      * :?: We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-      * :?: 
- 
----- 
-**      COOKIE TIME ~ ANNOUNCEMENTS ~ CALL FOR HELP  (Gooey Middle ):** 
----- 
- 
-  * MAIN 
-    * STATUS: **Delaying** 
-    * WHAT: OpenVAS Security Software 
-    * BY: Tony Zafiropoulos,​ SysEngr CISA  
-    * SYNOPSIS: Forklift revision - nothing works like it used to work 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: No 
-    * BIO: No, But he provides us with a link to his web page. 
-    * REMARKS: ​ 
-      * :?: We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-      * We will wait until he says he is fully ready. 
-      * We previously thought that this would be in the 22 October slot. 
-      * Listed topic on home page as TENTATIVE in October.  ​ 
-      * :?: 
- 
-==== STLLUG - January 21 ==== 
-  * [[https://​stllug.sluug.org/​|STLLUG]] is the St. Louis Linux Users Group. 
-    * We want to have alternative (secondary) topic on hand if primary speaker doesn'​t show.  
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line): 
-    * :?: This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: This session may be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
-  * LINUX 
-    * STATUS: **Available** 
-    * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD) 
-    * BY: Any Volunteer 
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: No 
-    * BIO: No 
-    * REMARKS: ​ 
-      * :?: We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-        * :?: 
- 
-==== NEWLUG - January 26 ==== 
-// SUMMARY ​ 
-      The NEWLUG home page lists a number of topics to provide general directions from which we could take off. 
-      Topics are usually determined by attendees.  ​ 
-      We usually cover way more than one topic. 
-// 
-  * [[http://​newlug.sluug.org |NEWLUG]] Our Linux Users Group for Linux Newcomers. ​ 
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line): 
-    * :?: This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: This session may be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: Might not record with ZOOM 
-    * :?: 
- 
-===== February 2021  ===== 
-<​code>​ 
-   ​February 2021      ​ 
-Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  ​ 
-    1  2  3  4  5  6  ​ 
- ​7 ​ 8  9 10 11 12 13  ​ 
-14 15 16 17 18 19 20  ​ 
-21 22 23 24 25 26 27  ​ 
-28                    ​ 
-</​code>​ 
-                      ​ 
-==== STEERCOM - February 1st, 2021 ==== 
- 
-==== SLACC - February 7th, 2021 ==== 
-  * [[http://​slacc.sluug.org/​|SLACC]] usually holds a **Linux Workshop** offering installation and configuration help - no presentation 
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line): 
-    * :?: This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: This session may be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: Might not record with ZOOM 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== SLUUG - February 10th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​|SLUUG General Meeting]] 
-    * We want to have alternative (secondary) topic on hand if primary speaker doesn'​t show.  
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line): 
-    * :?: This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: This session may be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional) recording. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
-  * BASE (Personal Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Available** 
-    * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD) 
-    * BY: Any Volunteer 
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: NO 
-    * BIO: NO 
-    * REMARKS: 
-      * :?: We do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-      * :?: 
- 
----- 
-**      COOKIE TIME ~ ANNOUNCEMENTS ~ CALL FOR HELP  (Gooey Middle ):** 
----- 
- 
-  * MAIN 
-    * STATUS: **Available** 
-    * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD) 
-    * BY: Any Volunteer 
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: No 
-    * BIO: No 
-    * REMARKS: ​ 
-      * :?: We do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-      * :?: 
- 
- 
- 
-==== STLLUG - February 18th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[https://​stllug.sluug.org/​|STLLUG]] is the St. Louis Linux Users Group. 
-    * We want to have alternative (secondary) topic on hand if primary speaker doesn'​t show.  
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line): 
-    * :?: This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: This session may be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
-  * LINUX 
-    * STATUS: **Available** 
-    * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD) 
-    * BY: Any Volunteer 
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: No 
-    * BIO: No 
-      * :?: 
- 
- 
-==== NEWLUG - February 23rd, 2021  ==== 
-// SUMMARY ​ 
-      The NEWLUG home page lists a number of topics to provide general directions from which we could take off. 
-      Topics are usually determined by attendees.  ​ 
-      We usually cover way more than one topic. 
-// 
-  * [[http://​newlug.sluug.org |NEWLUG]] Our Linux Users Group for Linux Newcomers. ​ 
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line): 
-    * :?: This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: This session may be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: Might not record with ZOOM 
-    * :?: 
- 
- 
-===== March 2021  ===== 
-<​code>​ 
-     March 2021        
-Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  ​ 
-    1  2  3  4  5  6  ​ 
- ​7 ​ 8  9 10 11 12 13  ​ 
-14 15 16 17 18 19 20  ​ 
-21 22 23 24 25 26 27  ​ 
-28 29 30 31            
-</​code>​ 
-                      ​ 
-==== STEERCOM - March 1st, 2021 ==== 
- 
-==== SLACC - March 7th, 2021 ==== 
-  * [[http://​slacc.sluug.org/​|SLACC]] usually holds a **Linux Workshop** offering installation and configuration help - no presentation 
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line): 
-    * :?: This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: This session may be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: Might not record with ZOOM 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== SLUUG - March 10th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​|SLUUG General Meeting]] 
-    * We want to have alternative (secondary) topic on hand if primary speaker doesn'​t show.  
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line): 
-    * :?: This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: This session may be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional) recording. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
-  * BASE (Personal Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Available** 
-    * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD) 
-    * BY: Any Volunteer 
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: NO 
-    * BIO: NO 
-    * REMARKS: 
-      * :?: We do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-      * :?: 
- 
----- 
-**      COOKIE TIME ~ ANNOUNCEMENTS ~ CALL FOR HELP  (Gooey Middle ):** 
----- 
-  * MAIN 
-    * STATUS: **Available** 
-    * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD) 
-    * BY: Any Volunteer 
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: No 
-    * BIO: No 
-    * REMARKS: ​ 
-      * :?: We do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-      * :?: 
-      * :?: 
- 
- 
-==== STLLUG - March 18th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[https://​stllug.sluug.org/​|STLLUG]] is the St. Louis Linux Users Group. 
-    * We want to have alternative (secondary) topic on hand if primary speaker doesn'​t show.  
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line): 
-    * :?: This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: This session may be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
-  * LINUX 
-    * STATUS: **Available** 
-    * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD) 
-    * BY: Any Volunteer 
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: No 
-    * BIO: No 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== NEWLUG - March 23rd, 2021  ==== 
-// SUMMARY ​ 
-      The NEWLUG home page lists a number of topics to provide general directions from which we could take off. 
-      Topics are usually determined by attendees.  ​ 
-      We usually cover way more than one topic. 
-// 
-  * [[http://​newlug.sluug.org |NEWLUG]] Our Linux Users Group for Linux Newcomers. ​ 
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * :?: Pick the recording service we used below, then delete others (and this line): 
-    * :?: This session may be done with ZOOM on the OMNITEC provided remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: This session may be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service, to make primary recording. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary | additional ) recording. 
-  * 2021-01-04 ​ 
-    * :?: Might not record with ZOOM 
-    * :?: 
- 
-====== Old Business ====== 
- 
-===== Server Admin ===== 
-//SUMMARY: We put up a server on the Internet for email, it grew, and now we have to maintain it.// 
- 
-  * *Minutes narratives prior to July 2020 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 2020-08-03 
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-      * Lee: Server performance should be substantially improved because of new fiber installation in Bat Cave 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-      * Mike: Alerted us to broken SLUUG Members Page. 
-        * Stan: Legacy of something Stan thought had already been done but hadn't 
-      * Mike: Alerted us to transient failure of SpamAssassin rules download, rerun OK. 
-        * Gary: Apparently it's ok now. 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-      * Reconsidered SPAM filtering. ​ Stan R gets triple pay.  ​ 
-      * We should start testing SPAM filtering. ​ Lee will post decision to SYSADMIN list. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * Everything is fine. 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-===== Web Site SLUUG.ORG Maintenance ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: We have a traditional Internet presence with the existence of our main [[http://​www.sluug.org/​|SLUUG web site]]. // 
- 
-  * *Minutes narratives prior to July 2020 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 2020-06-29 for July 
-    * Lee has added another 50G partition on Bock under /srv/media/ 
-    * Please move all media files to this new partition. 
-  * 2020-08-03 
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-      * Stan: No progress 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-      * Stan: No action taken to fix broken SLUUG Members Page pointed out by Mike Knight. 
-        * Stan: There is no link to the Members Page. 
-        * Lee: Why not rename the Members Page so any bookmarks to it are broken. 
-        * Gary mentioned article about CloudFlare and how to be sure our pages get onto the WayBack machine. Requires further investigation. 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-      * Consider CloudFlare DNS so we would start showing up in the WayBack machine. 
-      * They likely are data mining any and all traffic. 
-      * Past members pages were being looked for. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * Stan R asked for double of his pay.  By unanamous vote, pay is now quadrupled. 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
- 
-===== Web Site MEETUP.COM Maintenance ===== 
-//SUMMARY: We have presence on [[https://​www.meetup.com/​Saint-Louis-Unix-Users-Group/​|MEETUP.COM]]. // 
- 
-  * *Minutes narratives prior to July 2020 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 2020-06-29 for July 
-  * 2020-08-03 
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-    * Gary: Stan suggested not putting streamer links in Meetup; go to our website for the links! (Save maintenance time & effort) 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-    * As usual Gary agrees with Stan that Meetup sucks. Lee: It's a wonder how much Meetup charges for stuff that sucks. 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-    * Ken Johnson was sharing cost with us.  Haven'​t seen bill lately. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * Stan R made changes for STLLUG no longer having any back-to-back meetings. 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-===== Saint Louis County Library Room Reservations ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: Room reservations at Saint Louis County Library Branches are available on each first Saturday of October and April. // 
- 
-  * HISTORY: We routinely reserve and pay fees for monthly SIG meetings at various Saint Louis County Library Branches. 
-  * Applications for the use of St. Louis County Library Meeting Spaces are accepted on the first Saturday in October for January thru June dates, and on the first Saturday in April for July thru December dates. 
-  * We can always check for available Library [[http://​slcl.evanced.info/​spaces | spaces]]. 
-  * **Due to COVID19 restrictions,​ no library room reservations can be made until further notice.** 
-  * 
- 
-  * *Minutes narratives prior to July 2020 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 2020-06-29 for July 
-    * No change 
-  * 2020-08-03 
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-    * No change 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-    * No change 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-      * **Due to COVID19 restrictions,​ no library room reservations can be made until further notice.** 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * No change 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-===== Internet Presence on Other Social Media ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: We presume that our single web site isn't enough to draw younger crowd. // 
- 
-  * *Minutes narratives prior to July 2020 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 2020-06-29 for July 
-  * 2020-08-03 
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-      * Media is socially distant 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-      * No change 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-      * James Conroy will increase efforts. ​ Considering RSS feed might be worthwhile. 
-      * Gary was considering a presentation about software with bad name. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * :?: 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-===== Uploading Presentations ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: We have recorded many of our past meetings and made them available on the Internet.// 
- 
-  * *Minutes narratives prior to July 2020 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 2020-06-29 for July 
-    * Lee added new 50G partition on Bock at /srv/media/ 
-    * Don will contact Steve Pidgeon 
-  * 2020-08-03 
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-    * Stan: I'm behind. (Stan recorded August LUG meeting; needs to upload) 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-    * Don will contact Steve Pidgeon 
-    * Unknown 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-    * Don has not contact Steve Pidgeon 
-    * Stan pointed to https://​www.sluug.org/​steercom/​ page. 
-    * Lee wonders if we need to keep recording of STEERCOM for a long time.  Space is being burnt fast. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * Nothing to say. 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-===== Camera and Microphone and Projectors ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: We try to record many of our meetings.// 
- 
-  * *Minutes narratives prior to July 2020 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 2020-06-29 for July 
-    * Don & Lee will discuss status of Camera 1 
-    * Don will investigate Snowball/​SpaghettiSauce mic 
-    * One Projector remains with Stan pending access to physical meeting rooms again 
-    * Other projector remains with Lee 
-  * 2020-08-03 
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-    * Lee: Testing Camera 1, got some good video 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-    * No change 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-    * No change 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * No change 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-===== Sponsorships ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: We seek financial support from the tech community. // 
- 
-  * HISTORY: We are not good at getting sponsors. 
-  * 
- 
-  * *Minutes narratives prior to July 2020 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 2020-06-29 for July 
-    * If we get back to regular meetings, would be nice to have a sponsor for beer and pizza. 
-  * 2020-08-03 
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-    * Everyone think if there'​s anyone we can hit up to sponsor meeting platform software i.e. Zoom, Webex, Google, etc 
-    * Note that Webex doesn'​t allow hosting from Linux, i.e. master console, responsible for controlling session, sharing screen, etc. 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-    * Gary: Can we get some sponsor interested in closed captioning to help elderly and/or hearing impaired to pay for [CC] in our Zoom account? 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-    * Gary wonders if our recent benfactors should be listed as sponsors. 
-    * Agreed that we want to give credit to OMNITEC and Ken Johnson (his choice). 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * Great company called Omnitec is providing our excellent support. 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-===== ANNOUNCE Mailing List ===== 
-// SUMMARY: As a historical descendant of our monthly newsletter, the ANNOUNCE mailing had been a weekly extract of our SLUUG GOOGLE Calendar of Events. 
-  Previous editors had also styled it less of 1 liners of the entire calendar and more of abstracts of OUR talks & outstanding interest items.// 
- 
-  * HISTORY: The subscriber list has been populated from attendance sheets by a nominating subscription process, which requires human input. 
-  * 
- 
-  * *Minutes narratives prior to July 2020 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 2020-06-29 for July 
-    * Still no volunteer to do any kind of weekly or even monthly newsletter. 
-  * 2020-08-03 
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-    * Stan has manually added several people to be able to receive the Announce list 
-      * Included Ed Howland and several SUSE people 
-      * Stan: Note that joining the Announce list (or others) is not easy for the blind. 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-      * Stan should go back and make sure SUSE people are on both ANNOUNCE and DISCUSS. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * Nothing changed. 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-===== Planning Schedule Database ===== 
-// SUMMARY: We have LibreOffice BASE for tracking BASE, MAIN and STLLUG meeting topics and speakers. ​ 
- 
-// 
- 
-  * HISTORY: ​ :?: 
-    * Lee tested successfully on SUSE. 
-    * Gary & Stan have been loading. ​ 
-    * Stan is working on allowing multiple user updates. 
-    * Don **still** needs to test Stan's database on Libreoffice on Mac. Everyone else should test the database on their own systems. 
- 
-  * *Minutes narratives prior to July 2020 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 2020-06-29 for July 
-    * Stan discovered a conversion feature using **pdftotext** that generates useful full text version from the pdf report. 
-    * Expects to provide a downloadable concurrent text version along with the pdf version. 
-  * 2020-08-03 
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-    * Stan's doing a great job. Every differently sorted report has to start from scratch. Might have to use two formats, maybe not worthwhile to build a new format. 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-    * Don **still** needs to test Stan's database on Libreoffice on Mac. Everyone else should test the database on their own systems. 
-    * Gary: It's very useful. Everyone should try it out and see what changes need to be made. 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-    * Stan outline state of LibreOffice BASE internal database. ​ Awaiting update to go into repositories. 
-    * Neither Gary nor Don have tested on Apple boxes. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * Data base likely won't be update until April 2021. 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-===== Handouts ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: We have informational handout PDFs available [[http://​www.sluug.org/​resources/​handouts/​]]. // 
- 
-  * HISTORY: The PDFs are generated using LibreOffice. The originating files are stored along with generated PDFs. 
-    * Lee ordered printer parts that should correct krinkle problem. 
-    * Stan R has been modifying a Linux Presentation Day from 2015 found on the Internet. ​ It has excellent content. 
-      * Difficult to modify, as it is extremely graphically intense. ​ Built and modified with the Scribus application. 
-      * Likely too complex to print, may wind up splitting content to make a slide show presentation. 
- 
-  * *Minutes narratives prior to July 2020 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 2020-06-29 for July 
-    * Nothing being worked on this month. 
-  * 2020-08-03 
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-    * Stan will post to STEERCOM a draft evaluation cheat sheet for evaluating speakers. 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-    * Stan is working on a handout entitled Evaluation. Give people what kind of questions to ask presenters. Key phrases to trigger the ideas that need to be applied to every presentation. 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-    * Stan will add Evaluation sheet to handouts page after meeting. ​ Gives presenters ideas about what kind of questions they may be asked. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * Evaluation sheet Was added to handouts page.  
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-===== Linux Stickers ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: Ken Johnson really prefers stickers, rather than stuffed toys! // 
- 
-  * HISTORY: ​ SWAG is good! 
-    * Lee has sheet to pass on to Ken. 
-    * James Conroy will make background black so we can get what we want when ordered. 
-  * 
- 
-  * *Minutes narratives prior to July 2020 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 2020-06-29 for July 
-  * 2020-08-03 
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-    * Prototype from James C. sent to Lee. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * Lee hasn't had time to print any.  Testing needs to be done.  We could make template available to others. 
-      * No news is good news. 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-===== We Need Help ===== 
-// SUMMARY: We don't have enough volunteers to do everything consistently.//​ 
- 
-  * HISTORY: We need new members who want to do stuff. Same as every month. 
-      * Tyler Rudie had volunteered to help with SLUUG Google calendar input. 
-      * Gary, Stan, & Tyler need to get together to review Tyler getting to work on Google Calendar modifications?​ 
-      * Tyler Rudie has been granted permissions to help with SLUUG Google calendar input. Not yet given guidance or instructions. 
-      * Gary needs to prompt him. 
-  * QUESTION: Any new volunteers to help? 
-  * 
- 
-  * *Minutes narratives prior to July 2020 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 2020-06-29 for July 
-  * 2020-08-03 
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-      * We always need help of one kind or another 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-      * Gary & Stan have to get more active with Tyler or someone working on the calendar. 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-      * Gary still needs to contact with Tyler or someone else working on the calendar. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * Gary still needs... 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-===== Alternative Remote Video Conferencing Services ===== 
-// SUMMARY: We don't want to constantly rely on someone else's ZOOM capability and want something with closed captioning ability. // 
-  * HISTORY: We have mostly been using DELL's ZOOM sessions. 
-      * Lee visited Chicago LUG - using Big Blue Button (BBB) 
-     ​* ​ Lee has set up BBB server. ​ Issues with separate recordings Display, Audio and Whiteboard. 
-     ​* ​ Stan suggested some frequent weekly testing of alternate Remote Video Conferencing Service packages 
-  * 
- 
-  * *Minutes narratives prior to July 2020 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 2020-06-29 for July 
-    * Lee: Jitsi has progressed amazingly the past few months. If Firefox can be kept off, it works pretty well.  
-      * Jitsi End to end encryption is being developed, may be ready for use at this time. 
-    * Gary: Encourage Dave to continue to investigate captioning for various screen sharing platforms. 
-  * 2020-08-03 
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-    * Big Blue Button wasn't fully developed. Allows uploading presentation,​ limited usefulness. 
-    * Zoom labels statements by speaker, Jitsi doesn'​t 
-    * Webex is non-starter,​ can't host from Linux. 
-    * Zoom may be $20/mo, plus $20/mo for [cc] 
-    * Chad is our single point of service for Zoom. Need to find another company to give us our own account, or a sponsor to pay $40/month for Zoom plus [cc]. 
-    * Stan: Maybe Microsoft would be willing to sponsor us? 
-    * Lee: Google doesn'​t have non-profit version we could use. 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-    * StanR: Attended today'​s Jitsi developer monthly open session. ​ Developers claim Firefox is no longer a problem. ​ I don't believe it. No easy way to verify. 
-    * StanR: The LinuxMint team announced on 2 October that they will package Chromium browser (ETA unknown). ​ Will make it easier for LinuxMint users to install. 
-    * LEE: Jitsi is available, ...though we need to decide about switching to Zoom basic before mid month/ 
-      * That's the renewal on the VPS hosting Jitsi - if we want to switch to Zoom, would like to do it before another charge. 
-  * Switch to Zoom from Jitsi * Lee already has a Zoom account. Very economical. 
-    * Lee will make arrangements when he's figured out the details, especially [CC]. 
-    * Target date is mid month. 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-      * Google Meet is free with closed capturing; but, now for only one hour at a time.  Gary can't figure out how to activate closed captioning. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * We haven'​t had time, staff or energy to test anything new. 
-      * Bigbluebutton just recently was discovered to have major bug. 
-      *  ​ 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-===== Attendance and Voting ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: Sheltering in Place precludes use of physical attendance sheets // 
-  * HISTORY: Our attendance records were used to  determine qualification to vote in our annual February balloting. 
-    * Gary M. posted background and issues to STEERCOM mailing list. 
-    * 2020-05-28 Subject: Election voter rolls 
-    * No physical meetings until further notice, we can not use attendance sheets. 
-    * We expect that remote participation should qualify as attendance. 
-    * Therefore we need to record and count remote participation as qualifying attendance. 
-    * Further we need to develop process for voting at our annual February meeting. 
- 
-  * *Minutes narratives prior to July 2020 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 2020-06-29 for July 
-    * If one of us remembers during the meeting, take a snapshot of the participant list.  Experiment with viewing the recording and see if the participant list is available. 
-  * 2020-08-03 
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-    * In past we've always posted that ballots could be mailed in, as early as possible. 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-    * Stan R wants to know how we should record attendance once we have combined meetings? ​ Listing both physical and remote numbers might be difficult within this wiki layout. 
-    * Gary: Since we don't pass around a signup sheet, we don't tell people how their attendance is being recorded. Stan reviews the video and copies the attendee list. 
-    * Stan: This whole topic can be put up on Discuss list, giving the procedure. ​ 
-    * Gary: The masses need to see how the sausage is made. 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-    * Gary discussed individual confirmation of meeting attendance. 
-    * We may have to check SLUUG charter and bylaw rules. 
-    * Absentee secret ballot mail in has been done in past. 
-    * Lee will post suggested motion to suspend election rules to STEERCOM mailing list. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * QUESTION: Did Lee post suggested motion to suspend election rules to STEERCOM mailing list. 
-      * ANSWER: ​ Motion to suspend the rules sent to STeerCOM mailing list.. 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-===== Organizational Papers ===== 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-      * Sunday night he returned and found cardboard box with old secretary material. Original Xeroxes of articles of corporation,​ etc. Historical interest. No idea who dropped it off. 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-      * Gary has not gone thru box of old secretary material yet. Another thing to do. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * Box still sitting there. 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-===== Editing Minutes ===== 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-      * Don wants to consider a trial of editing the minutes in Google Docs. Stan suggests using vim or emacs. Further investigation. 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-      * Don has not done any testing. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * No change. 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-====== Election Process COMMITTEE ====== 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * Need committee. ​ 
-      * Does Anonymous Coward get a vote? 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-====== New Business ====== 
-  * Do we have anything else new that we need to deal with? 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-====== Recurring Requirements ====== 
-//  SUMMARY: We routinely rotate thru the following (just in case): // 
-  * HISTORY: ​ In past, we had missed critical government filings, dropped ball on domain renewals, and similar important items. 
-  * 
-  * November 2019 - *automated* LetsEncrypt free SSL certificates for websites on BOCK. 
-    * **Note: Need documentation on this process!**  ​ 
-    * **Note: Completed last summer, 2019. The automation works.** 
-    * **Successful test completed in September, will repeat in December** 
-  * March 2020 - <​del>​schedule workshops for July and August 2020</​del>​ 
-  * March 2020 - <​del>​*automated* LetsEncrypt free SSL certificates for websites on BOCK</​del>​ 
-  * April 2020 - <​del>​First Saturday, reserve rooms at St. Louis County Library Branches.</​del>​ 
-  * June 2020 - BuddyNS SLUUG account due 
-  * June 2020 - Missouri Annual Report for Corporate Legal Status due. 
-    * https://​bsd.sos.mo.gov/​BusinessEntity/​BusinessEntityDetail.aspx?​page=beSearch&​ID=681250 
-  * June 2020 - *automated* LetsEncrypt free SSL certificates for websites on BOCK. 
-  * September 2020 - *automated* LetsEncrypt free SSL certificates for websites on BOCK. 
-  * October 2020 - First Saturday, reserve rooms at St. Louis County Library Branches. 
-  *  
-  * November 2020 - *automated* LetsEncrypt free SSL certificates for websites on BOCK. 
-    * **Note: Need documentation on this process!**  ​ 
-  *  
-  * December 2020 - *automated* LetsEncrypt free SSL certificates for websites on BOCK. 
-  * December 2020 - STLWEBDEV.ORG is domain automatic renewal? 
-    * (No longer a web page, just a mailing list) 
-      * actually https://​webdev.sluug.org/​ 
-      * and there is a STLWEBDEV mailing list. 
-    * Consider cutting it off sometime next year, ie 2020 
-  *  
-  * January 2021 - STLLINUX.ORG domain automatic renewal. 
-  * January 2021 ~ Post Office Box Renewal (automatic 6 months on credit card~ Lee handles. 
-  *  
-  * February 2021 - SLUUG Annual Board meeting and elections. 
-  * February 2021 - Verify renewal of certs with LetsEncrypt 
-  *  
-  * March 2021 - Count Ballots 
-  * March 2021 - Updates to contacts on webpage if required. 
-  * March 2021 - Updates to email aliases if required. 
-  * March 2021 - *automated* LetsEncrypt free SSL certificates for websites on BOCK. 
-  * March 2021 - Consider schedule workshops for July and August 2021 
-  *  
-  * April 2021 - IRS Form 990-N for Tax Exempt Status. ​  ​e-postcard. 
-  * April 2021 - First Saturday, reserve rooms at St. Louis County Library Branches. 
-  * 2020-05-04 
-      * Automated renewal system crashed Christmas day 2019 and didn't recover. Mike has adjusted it to work properly and it appears to work as of March 2020. 
-  * 2020-06-01 
-      * All of June tasks are done. 
-  * 2020-06-29 for July 
-  * 2020-08-03 
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-      * Stan needs to get with Gary to clean this section up. Can't get him to stay in one place any length of time. 
-  * 2020-10-05 
-      * Stan needs to get with Gary to clean this section up. Can't get him to stay in one place any length of time. 
-  * 2020-11-02 
-      * Stan needs to get with Gary to clean this section up. Can't get him to stay in one place any length of time. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * Stan needs to get with Gary to clean this section up. Can't get him to stay in one place any length of time. 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-====== Recognize Useful Efforts ====== 
-//  SUMMARY: When anybody does something to help! // 
- 
-  * QUESTION: Did anyone do anything helpful or useful? 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-====== Follow-up and Action Items ====== 
-//  SUMMARY: It may help a little to tag individuals with tasks: // 
- 
-  * Everyone - Review the STEERCOM minutes, make corrections,​ act! 
-  * Everyone - **Talk to someone about coming to meetings.** 
-  * Everyone - Talk to someone about giving a presentation. 
-  * Everyone - Talk to all members about December Party. 
-  * Everyone - Stan R wants LibreOffice Planning database tested on multiple systems. 
-  * 
-  * Don Ellis ~ Test Stan's Planning database on Libreoffice on Mac. 
-  * Don Ellis ~ Upon return to town, clean tomato sauce off the Snowball microphone (there was minor accident at STLLUG). 
-  * Don Ellis ~ upload older videos to Google Photos and/or Google Docs & publish links. 
-  * Don Ellis ~ Possible presentation - 2018-07-18 he had suggested Apple interfaces and accessories for audio & video. 
-  * Don Ellis ~ Possible presentation on new ChromeBook Linux interface. July 2020 
-  * Gary Meyer ~ Contact Steve Pidgeon for progress report. 
-  * Gary Meyer ~ Contact Steve Lembark about splitting presentation into two parts. 
-  * Gary Meyer - Build spreadsheet to track domain name registrations. See http://​bgp.he.net/​ip/​207.223.253.71#​_dns 
-  * Gary Meyer - Did not follow up with Noel about transferring the SLACC.COM domain to us. 
-    * SLACC.COM is now held by someone else (squatter). ​   ​ 
-    * SLACC.ORG could be registered. ​ SLACC.ORG available for sale ~ only $499. 
-    * Consider other TLDs than .com and .org for SLACC 
-  * Stan R. ~ Remind Gary Meyer to bring SWAG, Penguins or stickers to meetings and hand out pamphlets. 
-  * Stan and Gary should get together and discuss how ANNOUNCE was done. 
-  * Gary hassle Mike about Google throttling. 
-  * November 2019 - *automated* LetsEncrypt free SSL certificates for websites on BOCK. 
-  * Note: Need documentation on this process! 
-  * Note: Completed last summer, 2019. The automation works. 
-  * 2020-11-30 (for December) ​ 
-      * Gary and Stan need to go through this section. 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-      * :?: 
- 
-====== Adjourn Meeting ====== 
-  * Monday, January 4th, 2021 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-    * QUESTION: At what time was meeting adjourned? 
-    * TIME: * :?: 
- 
-====== Stop Video Recording ====== 
- 
-====== Blue Sky Ideas ====== 
-//  SUMMARY: Food for thought ~  anything not previously covered that provides mental stimulus for thinking about improvements or solutions. // 
- 
-  * HISTORY: ​ Stimulate creativity by planting the seed of an idea.  Current action or response not required. 
-    * Some ideas are Off-The-Record ~ NOT TO BE RECORDED! 
-    * Some ideas should be publicized.~ SHOULD BE RECORDED! 
-    * If a speaker believes something should not be recorded, the record operator needs to be notified. 
-    * ** Each speaker should initially declare whether an idea should be recorded or not. **  
-  * 2020-08-31 for September 
-    * Skies have been especially blue for this time of year, when not unusually cloudy. 
-    * Stan: Consider moving Blue Skies to after adjournment,​ so it would take place after formal end of meeting and would not be video recorded. 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-    * We are moving Blue Skies segment to after adjournment,​ so it would take place after formal end of meeting and would not be video recorded. 
-    * :?: 
- 
-===== REMOVED November 2020  ===== 
-REMOVED FROM ABOVE REMOVED FROM ABOVE REMOVED FROM ABOVE REMOVED FROM ABOVE 
-REMOVED FROM ABOVE REMOVED FROM ABOVE REMOVED FROM ABOVE REMOVED FROM ABOVE 
- 
-<​code>​ 
-   ​November 2020      ​ 
-Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  ​ 
- ​1 ​ 2  3  4  5  6  7  ​ 
- ​8 ​ 9 10 11 12 13 14  ​ 
-15 16 17 18 19 20 21  ​ 
-22 23 24 25 26 27 28  ​ 
-29 30                  
-</​code>​ 
- 
-==== STEERCOM - November 2 ==== 
-  * HISTORY Steering Committee usually meets on Monday of the week prior (9 days) to General Meeting. 
-    * Link to [[/​steercom/​minutes|past minutes and agenda]]. 
-    * Link to [[/​steercom/​plans|PLANS]] from Planning Schedule Database. 
-    * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-      * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-      * This session was recorded with private Jitsi, on OMNITEC remote video service. ​ Did not record with ZOOM. 
-      * Stan R used Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ONLY recording. 
-      * Jitsi was acting a bit weird, asking for password. 
-      * Jitsi sound recording *failed* to pick up everyone. ​ Assuming configuration problem. 
-==== SLACC - November 5 ==== 
-  * [[http://​slacc.sluug.org/​|SLACC]] usually holds a **Linux Workshop** offering installation and configuration help - no presentation 
-    * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-      * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-      * This session to be done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service. 
-      * Stan R used Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make recording. 
-      * Very similar to NEWLUG because we don't have hands on with hardware. 
-==== Veterans Day HOLIDAY - November 11 ==== 
-==== SLUUG - November 11 ==== 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​|SLUUG General Meeting]] 
-    * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-      * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-        * We want to have alternative (secondary) topic on hand if primary speaker doesn'​t show.  
-        * This session to be done with ZOOM on OMNITEC remote video service. ​ 
-        * Stan R used Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make additional recording. 
-    *  
-    * BASE (Personal Computing): 
-      * STATUS: **Done** 
-      * WHAT: Using the Make utility 
-      * BY: Ed Howland 
-      * SYNOPSIS: Tutorial on using Make 
-      * WRANGLER: Gary 
-      * ABSTRACT: YES 
-      * BIO: YES 
-      * REMARKS: 
-        * We do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-        * Being blind, Ed's marker was interesting. 
-        * Stan R found topic very interesting,​ would like to start using markup language. 
-        * Since we didn't have a MAIN, we encouraged Ed to keep going. ​ And he went for another hour and a half. 
-        * Was very intersting and got lots of feedback and questions. 
-        * Gary contents we try to overbook the evenings.  ​ 
-        * Since we have started doing remote meetings, the audience doesn'​t really want too much more than 90 minutes. 
----- 
-**      COOKIE TIME ~ ANNOUNCEMENTS ~ CALL FOR HELP  (Gooey Middle ):** 
----- 
-    *  
-    * MAIN (Enterprise Computing): 
-      * STATUS: **Not Done** 
-      * WHAT: OpenVAS Security Software 
-      * BY: Tony Zafiropoulos,​ SysEngr CISA  
-      * SYNOPSIS: Forklift revision - nothing works like it used to work 
-      * WRANGLER: Gary 
-      * ABSTRACT: No 
-      * BIO: No 
-      * REMARKS: ​ 
-        * Listed topic on home page as TENTATIVE 
-        * We did not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-==== STLLUG - November 19 ==== 
-  * [[https://​stllug.sluug.org/​|STLLUG]] is the St. Louis Linux Users Group. 
-    * We want to have alternative (secondary) topic on hand if primary speaker doesn'​t show.  
-    * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-      * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-      * This session was done with ZOOM on OMNITEc remote video service. ​ 
-      * Stan R used Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make additional recording 
-    *  ​ 
-    * LINUX 
-      * STATUS: **Done** 
-      * WHAT: Linux and Win 10 
-      * BY: Ken Johnson 
-      * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-      * WRANGLER: Gary 
-      * ABSTRACT: Yes 
-      * BIO: Yes 
-      * REMARKS: We previously thought that this would be in the 22 October slot. 
-        * Per Stan R describes this as yet another outstanding and well structured presentation from Ken. 
-        * Ken provided complete LibreOffice Impress slides with notes for downloading from our archives page. 
-        *  
-==== NEWLUG - November 24 ==== 
-  * [[http://​newlug.sluug.org |NEWLUG]] Our Linux Users Group for Linux Newcomers. ​ 
-    * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-      * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-      * This session was NOT done with ZOOM on OMNITEC remote video service. 
-      * Stan R used Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make recording (not for posting). 
-    * REMARKS: 
-      * TOPICS are usually determined by attendees. ​ We usually cover more than one topic. 
-      * NEWLUG home page lists a number of topics to provide general directions from which to take off. 
-      * Had 3 newcomers attend. 
-      * Stan R later installed Debian 10 (Buster) with Cinnamon Desktop Environment at his home for one newcomer. 
-      * In return we may get some free radio spots in St. Louis Metro Area. 
-==== THANKSGIVING - November 26 ==== 
-==== STEERCOM - November 30 for December ==== 
-  * HISTORY Steering Committee usually meets on Monday of the week prior (9 days) to General Meeting. 
-    * Link to [[/​steercom/​minutes|past minutes and agenda]]. 
-    * Link to [[/​steercom/​plans|PLANS]] from Planning Schedule Database. 
-    * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-      * When we again have physical meetings, we want to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-        * This session was NOT done with with ZOOM on OMNITEC remote video service. 
-        * Don Ellis was not available to do minutes. 
-        * Stan R available, used Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make primary recording 
- 
  
steercom/2021-01.txt ยท Last modified: 2021/02/01 11:59 (external edit)