User Tools

Site Tools


steercom:2021-10

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

steercom:2021-10 [2021/10/04 20:48]
127.0.0.1 external edit
steercom:2021-10 [2021/10/07 06:38]
Line 1: Line 1:
-====== SLUUG Steering Committee -  4 October 2021 ====== 
- 
-NOTE: Minutes posted on the Wiki are always unofficial. 
-Schedules for upcoming presentations are always tentative. 
-(Some more tentative than others!) 
- 
-====== Location ====== 
- 
-  * **No physical meeting until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we would like to continue video meetings in conjunction with physical meetings. 
- 
-  * 2021-10-04 Comments: ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
-<​code>​ 
-   ​September 2021      
-Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  ​ 
-          1  2  3  4  ​ 
- ​5 ​ 6  7  8  9 10 11  ​ 
-12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ​ 
-19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ​ 
-26 27 28 29 30        ​ 
- 
-    October 2021      ​ 
-Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  ​ 
-                1  2  ​ 
- ​3 ​ 4  5  6  7  8  9  ​ 
-10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ​ 
-17 18 19 20 21 22 23  ​ 
-24 25 26 27 28 29 30  ​ 
-31                    ​ 
-</​code>​ 
- 
-====== Start Meeting ====== 
-  * Monday, October 4th, 2021 
-  * 2021-10-04 Comments: ​ 
-    * QUESTION: When was meeting called to order? ​ 
-    * TIME: 18:33 
- 
-====== Attendees ====== ​ 
-Listed alphabetically by last name: 
- 
-:?: * Stanford Balwin (expressed interest; verbal, have no email address) 
- 
-* James Conroy 
- 
-:?: * Jonathan Drews (expressed interest; on Steercom list) 
- 
-:?: * Don Ellis 
- 
-* David Forrest 
- 
-* Robert Hansen (expressed interest; bc sent) 
- 
-:?: * Susan Hurst (expressed interest; bc sent) 
- 
-:?: * Ken Johnson 
- 
-* Lee Lammert 
- 
-* Gary Meyer  
- 
-* Stan Reichardt ​ 
- 
-* Steve Stegmann ​ 
- 
-====== Agenda Changes ====== 
-//  SUMMARY: This is where we consider any additions, deletions, sequence, or other changes to sequence of items in the prepared agenda. ​ // 
-<​code>​ 
-  * HISTORY: ​ 
-  * We consider changes prior to all reviews, planning and OLD BUSINESS items by 
-    * jumping ahead, then back, without altering agenda layout. 
-  * Do not altering agenda layout, during current meeting. 
-  * We will jump to old items then back to usual sequence. 
-  * We will jump to *New Business* section, create new item, consider, then jump 
-    * back to usual sequence. 
-  * By not altering agenda layout, it is easier to build next month'​s agenda. 
-  * Moving a previous item out of sequence made editing difficult. 
-</​code>​ 
- 
-  * AGENDA CHANGE: 
-  * Are there any additions, deletions, sequence, or other changes to sequence of items in the prepared agenda? 
-  * 2021-10-04 * None suggested. 
- 
-====== Secretary Report ====== 
- 
-  * 2021-10-04 comments: ​ 
-    * Stan R created AGENDA from previous MINUTES. 
-    * Stan R acting only as recording secretary. 
-    * We would like someone else to be main secretary. 
-    * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed. 
-    * Stan R spent time using VIM spell check on text of remaining agenda. 
-    * :?: 
- 
-====== Treasurer Report ====== 
- 
-^ Balance as of 1 July  | | |$3,251.60 | 
-^ Balance as of 31 July | | |$3,251.60 | 
- 
-  * 2021-10-04 comments: ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
-====== Calendar Report ====== 
-// SUMMARY: We maintain a calendar of technical events in the Greater St. Louis area and surrounding regions. ​ 
-// 
-<​code>​ 
-  * HISTORY: ​ 
-  * Not all events are official/​sponsored SLUUG events. ​ All sponsored events are shown in red. 
-  * Items have been added and corrected by Stan R, Gary Meyer and Don Ellis. 
-  * Items listed on this calendar were used to feed the ANNOUNCE weekly mailing. 
-  * Events on HIATUS are NOT counted! ​ Historical items are NOT counted!  ​ 
-  * Only face-to-face meetings were counted! 
-</​code>​ 
- 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​resources/​calendar|SLUUG Calendar]] is a Google Calendar available on our web site. 
-  * Count of number of events listed, each month, as of end of September 2021: 
- 
-| Year ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul ^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | Year ^  
-^ 2011 | xxx | xxx | 105 | 108 | 103 | 117 | 105 | 105 | 105 | 113 | 103 |  96 ^ 2011 ^ 
-^ 2012 | 110 | 104 | 122 | 123 | 138 | 111 |  99 | 124 | 122 | 133 | 114 | 111 ^ 2012 ^ 
-^ 2013 | 123 | 128 | 136 | 147 | 144 | 146 | 139 | 119 | 145 | 167 | 153 | 140 ^ 2013 ^ 
-^ 2014 | 143 | 159 | 174 | 165 | 188 | 165 | 132 | 136 | 173 | 165 | 141 | 107 ^ 2014 ^ 
-^ 2015 | 171 | 179 | 177 | 183 | 176 | 168 | 162 | 176 | 206 | 294 | 236 | 197 ^ 2015 ^ 
-^ 2016 | 260 | 277 | 314 | 231 | 183 | 191 | 157 | 166 | 222 | 224 | 212 | 157 ^ 2016 ^ 
-^ 2017 | 133 | 141 | 177 | 168 | 137 | 143 | 124 | 158 | 173 | 163 | 168 | 129 ^ 2017 ^ 
-^ 2018 | 165 | 177 | 166 | 179 | 162 | 165 | 147 | 176 | 166 | 184 | 163 | 113 ^ 2018 ^ 
-^ 2019 | 131 | 160 | 173 | 171 | 145 | 155 | 130 | 144 | 157 | 179 | 182 | 127 ^ 2019 ^ 
-^ 2020 | 157 | 172 | 188 | 147 | 152 | 174 | 171 | 154 | 168 | 163 | 184 | 155 ^ 2020 ^ 
-^ 2021 | 175 | 170 | 174 | 171 | 172 | 178 | 188 | 179 ^ 187 | ??? | ??? | 155 ^ 2021 ^ 
- 
-<​code>​ 
-  * LEGEND: 
-  * Greyed out areas indicate corrections or never previously reported counts. 
-  * xxx - numbers not recorded. 
-  * ??? - Future Numbers. 
-  * Stopped counting general Saint Louis County Library events in May 2016. 
-  * Re-counted April 2016 without library events. 
-  * Count of calendar entries for May is down from previous months. No explanation is given. 
-  * Count of calendar entries for March 2020 misleading because of  
-  * Limited maintenance effort for March 2020 because CORONAVIRUS-19 self-isolation effects. 
-  * Started counting **moved** and **delayed** items in April 2020 as considered being useful. 
-  * Improvements in Google Calendar feature limits to five days processing at at time, takes 
-    * about 10 times as long to perform. Much more tedious. 
-</​code>​ 
- 
-  * 2021-08-30 comments about August: ​ 
-    * Of the 179 total, 38 were cancelled (x~), 1 defunct, 8 delayed, and 2 moved; so, leaving 130 active. 
-    * :?: 
- 
-  * 2021-10-04 comments about September: ​ 
-    * Of the 187 total, 34 were cancelled (x~), 1 defunct, 3 delayed, and 2 moved; so, leaving 147 active. 
-    * :?: 
- 
-====== Subscriber Report ====== 
-// SUMMARY: Mailing List Report combined with MEETUP membership count, now called Subscriber Report.// 
- 
-  * Subscriber numbers (approximate) as of end of September 2021: 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2017 |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ^ Year   ^ 
-| List     ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul ^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec |List    | 
-^ MEETUP ​  | 273 | 285 | 291 | 299 | 301 | 302 | 304 | 315 | 319 | 325 | 336 | 340 ^MEETUP ​ | 
-^ ANNOUNCE | 582 | 580 | 575 | 570 | 569 | 569 | 569 | 568 | 566 | 562 | 562 | 559 ^ANNOUNCE| 
-^ DISCUSS ​ | 197 | 196 | 193 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 191 | 192 | 191 | 189 | 188 | 189 ^DISCUSS | 
-^ STEERCOM |  36 |  36 |  35 |  34 |  34 |  34 |  34 |  34 |  33 |  33 |  33 |  33 ^STEERCOM| 
-^ SYSADMIN |  20 |  20 |  20 |  23 |  23 |  23 |  23 |  23 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 ^SYSADMIN| 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2018 |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ^ Year   ^ 
-| List     ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul ^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | List    | 
-^ MEETUP ​  | 348 | 360 | 367 | 372 | 375 | 377 | 385 | 390 | 393 | 402 | 408 | 416 ^ MEETUP ​ | 
-^ ANNOUNCE | 556 | 544 | 543 | 543 | 545 | 542 | 535 | 534 | 533 | 531 | 531 | 533 ^ ANNOUNCE| 
-^ DISCUSS ​ | 188 | 188 | 187 | 187 | 187 | 187 | 187 | 185 | 184 | 184 | 185 | 183 ^ DISCUSS | 
-^ STEERCOM |  33 |  33 |  33 |  33 |  32 |  32 |  32 |  32 |  32 |  31 |  31 |  31 ^ STEERCOM| 
-^ SYSADMIN |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 ^ SYSADMIN| 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2019 |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ^ Year    ^ 
-| List     ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul ^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | List    | 
-^ MEETUP ​  | 416 | 423 | 432 | 443 | 452 | 464 | 466 | 473 | 472 | 480 | 488 | 497 ^ MEETUP ​ | 
-^ ANNOUNCE | 532 | 532 | 532 | 534 | 519 | 516 | 516 | 514 | 513 | 516 | 513 | 510 ^ ANNOUNCE| 
-^ DISCUSS ​ | 184 | 182 | 181 | 182 | 183 | 183 | 191 | 190 | 191 | 191 | 190 | 190 ^ DISCUSS | 
-^ STEERCOM |  31 |  31 |  31 |  31 |  31 |  31 |  31 |  30 |  30 |  31 |  32 |  32 ^ STEERCOM| 
-^ SYSADMIN |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  22 |  16 |  16 |  16 |  16 |  16 |  16 ^ SYSADMIN| 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2020 |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ^ Year    ^ 
-| List     ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul ^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | List    | 
-^ MEETUP ​  | 501 | 514 | 516 | 521 | 527 | 535 | 547 | 555 | 564 | 570 | 577 ^ 590 ^ MEETUP ​ | 
-^ ANNOUNCE | 504 | 502 | 501 | 501 | 500 | 499 | 497 | 495 | 492 | 491 | 490 ^ 490 ^ ANNOUNCE| 
-^ DISCUSS ​ | 188 | 190 | 189 | 191 | 191 | 189 | 189 | 188 | 188 | 189 | 190 ^ 188 ^ DISCUSS | 
-^ STEERCOM |  31 |  31 |  31 |  30 |  30 |  30 |  30 |  24 |  23 |  23 |  23 ^  23 ^ STEERCOM| 
-^ SYSADMIN |  16 |  16 |  16 |  16 |  15 |  15 |  15 |  15 |  15 |  15 |  15 ^  15 ^ SYSADMIN| 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2021 |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ^ Year    ^ 
-| List     ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul ^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | List    | 
-^ MEETUP ​  | 603 | 613 | 626 | 631 | 640 | 650 | 652 | 658 ^ 678 | ??? | ??? | ??? ^ MEETUP ​ | 
-^ ANNOUNCE | 489 | 488 | 482 | 480 | 480 | 479 | 477 | 478 ^ 479 | ??? | ??? | ??? ^ ANNOUNCE| 
-^ DISCUSS ​ | 188 | 189 | 188 | 190 | 190 | 189 | 189 | 189 ^ 190 | ??? | ??? | ??? ^ DISCUSS | 
-^ STEERCOM |  22 |  22 |  22 |  23 |  23 |  23 |  24 |  23 ^  23 |  ?? |  ?? |  ?? ^ STEERCOM| 
-^ SYSADMIN |  15 |  15 |  14 |  14 |  14 |  14 |  14 |  14 ^  14 |  ?? |  ?? |  ?? ^ SYSADMIN| 
- 
-<​code>​ 
-  * LEGEND: 
-  * Numbers as end of each month. 
-  * Blocking of mailing list attachments not completely configured yet. 
-  * This will be much easier to do on BOCK. 
-  * ANNOUNCE mailing list. 
-    * Still no volunteer editor to do a quarterly or monthly newsletter. 
-  * Command used to generate these (as root on Bud): 
-    * /​usr/​local/​mailman/​bin/​list_members **list_name** | wc -l (This doesn'​t seem to work on Bock.) 
-  * Greyed out areas indicate corrections or never previously reported counts. 
-  * xxx - numbers not recorded. 
-  * ??? - Future Numbers. 
-  * -  - dash indicates list did not previously exist. 
-</​code>​ 
- 
-  * ISSUES: 
-  * We do NOT have any account access or control to our presence and videos on Google+ or YouTube. 
-  * We do NOT know how or what to count in Google+ ​  NOR do we know how to metric videos. 
-  * We do NOT know how or what to count in YouTube ​  NOR do we know how to metric videos. 
-  * No way to change meeting dates or set temporary hiatus in Google+ 
-  * Don will investigate Google+ status 
-  * Don will place credentials for YouTube and any others on Bock /home/sluug 
- 
-  * 2021-10-04 comments about September: ​ 
-    * :?: 
- 
-====== Attendance Report ====== 
-// SUMMARY: Somewhat reflects on community interest in topics. ​ Or, how well we publicised event. 
-//  
- 
-<​code>​ 
-  * HISTORY: ​ 
-  * Initial mail list subscriptions were prompted by attendance sheets. 
-  * Group leaders are responsible for taking attendance at face-to-face meetings. 
-  * Remote session attendance display with ZOOM does NOT work automatically. 
-  * Remote session attendance done best using extra recording with Linux SimpleScreenRecorder software. ​ 
-</​code>​ 
- 
-  * Blank attendance sheets are [[http://​www.sluug.org/​resources/​attendance/​|available here]] 
-  * Attendance numbers, as of end of September 2021: 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2017 |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ^ Year    ^ 
-| Meeting ​ ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul ^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | Meeting ^ 
-^ Steercom |   8 |   6 |   8 |   6 |   7 |   7 |   5 |   6 |   6 |   4 |   6 |   3 ^ Steercom| 
-^ SLACC    |   7 |  12 |  10 |   5 |   7 | (10)|   6 |   7 |   8 |  11 |  xx |   6 ^ SLACC   | 
-^ SLUUG    |  20 |  17 |  24 |  17 |  10 |  13 |   7 |  13 |  12 |  21 |  14 |  16 ^ SLUUG   | 
-^ STLLINUX |  14 |  15 |  18 |  14 |  15 |  14 |  18 |  16 |  16 |  12 | (27)|  xx ^ STLLINUX| 
-^ NEWLUG ​  ​| ​  9 |  10 |  xx |   7 |   7 |   8 |   7 |   5 |   8 |   5 |   7 |   9 ^ NEWLUG ​ | 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2018 |    |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​^ ​ Year   ^ 
-| Meeting ​ ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | Meeting ^ 
-^ Steercom |   7 |   3 |   6 |   7 |   6 |   6 |   ​5| ​  5 |   7 |   5 |   5 |   4 ^ Steercom| 
-^ SLACC    |   6 |   6 |   7 |   9 |   6 |   6 |   ​7| ​  6 |   7 |   4 |   4 |   5 ^ SLACC   | 
-^ SLUUG    |  14 |  13 |  13 |  18 |  15 |  11 |   ​8| ​ 15 |  14 |  14 |  10 |  13 ^ SLUUG   | 
-^ STLLINUX |  12 |   8 |  13 |  11 |  13 |  10 |  11|  15 |  13 |  xx |   9 |   9 ^ STLLINUX| 
-^ NEWLUG ​  ​| ​  8 |  11 |   8 |  11 |  11 |   9 |  10|  12 |   9 |   7 |  10 |   5 ^ NEWLUG ​ | 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2019 |    |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​^ ​ Year   ^ 
-| Meeting ​ ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | Meeting ^ 
-^ Steercom |   6 |   6 |   6 |   7 |   5 |   8 |   ​6| ​  6 |   8 |   8 |   7 |   8 ^ Steercom| 
-^ SLACC    |   6 |   6 |   7 ^   7 |   8 |   7 |   ​6| ​ 10 |  10 |   9 |   6 |   9 ^ SLACC   | 
-^ SLUUG    |  15 |  14 |  13 |  18 |  12 |  15 |  17| (20)|  18 |  14 |  17 |  25 ^ SLUUG   | 
-^ STLLINUX |  18 |  11 |  11 |  16 |  12 |  16 |  20|  16 |  14 |  18 |  18 |  17 ^ STLLINUX| 
-^ NEWLUG ​  ​| ​  9 |   5 |  11 |  10 |   8 |   7 |  10|  13 |   9 |   5 |   6 |   3 ^ NEWLUG ​ | 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2020 |    |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​^ ​ Year   ^ 
-| Meeting ​ ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | Meeting ^ 
-^ Steercom |   4 |   6 |   6 |  (8)|  (5)|  (7)| (6)|  (6)|  (7)|  (6)|  (6)|  (5)^ Steercom| 
-^ SLACC    |   9 |   8 |  (6)|  (8)|  (7)|  (9)|(11)| ​ (7)| (10)| (10)|  (8)|  (8)^ SLACC   | 
-^ SLUUG    |  17 |  13 ^ (xx)^ (xx)| (18)| (22)|(29)| (22)| (16)^ (xx)| (17)| (25)^ SLUUG   | 
-^ STLLINUX |  18 |  12 | (12)^ (xx)| (20)| (19)|(25)| (10)| (16)| (23)| (15)^ (xx)^ STLLINUX| 
-^ NEWLUG ​  ​| ​  6 |   6 |   - | (10)| (13)| (13)|(12)| (11)| (11)| (12)| (15)|  (9)^ NEWLUG ​ | 
- 
-^ Year     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    |2021 |    |     ​| ​    ​| ​    ​| ​    ​^ ​ Year   ^ 
-| Meeting ​ ^ Jan ^ Feb ^ Mar ^ Apr ^ May ^ Jun ^ Jul^ Aug ^ Sep ^ Oct ^ Nov ^ Dec | Meeting ^ 
-^ Steercom |  (5)|  (4)|  (5)|  (5)|  (5)|  (5)| (6)|  (7)^  (5)|  ?? |  ?? |  ?? ^ Steercom| 
-^ SLACC    | (10)|  (9)|  (9)|  (8)| (14)| (11)|(10)| (11)^  (6)|  ?? |  ?? |  ?? ^ SLACC   | 
-^ SLUUG    | (14)| (26)| (23)| (26)| (17)| (22)|(17)| (17)^ (14)|  ?? |  ?? |  ?? ^ SLUUG   | 
-^ STLLINUX | (17)| (20)| (20)| (19)| (17)| (17)|(15)| (18)^ (20)|  ?? |  ?? |  ?? ^ STLLINUX| 
-^ NEWLUG ​  | (11)| (15)| (16)| (14)|  (9)| (10)|(10)| (11)^ (15)|  ?? |  ?? |  ?? ^ NEWLUG ​ | 
- 
-<​code>​ 
-  * LEGEND: 
-  * Greyed out areas indicate corrections or never previously reported counts. 
-  * xx - numbers not yet recorded, attendance not taken, or sheet missing. 
-  * ?? - Future Numbers. 
-  *(9) - Number in parentheses is head count. Use head count if greater than attendance sheet count (or sheet missing). 
-  * *  - sLUGs was STL Linux Users Group for Seniors with initial meeting 8 February 2015. Discontinued October 2017. 
-  * *  - SNUG SuSe was STL Novell Users Group with lunch meeting. ​ Discontinued December 2017. 
-  * -  - dash indicates no meeting (NEWLUG March 2020). 
-</​code>​ 
- 
-  * 2021-10-04 comments about September: ​ 
-    * Likely two new NEWLINUX attendees. 
- 
-====== Meeting Review Comments ====== 
-// SUMMARY: We try to analyse what happened or was presented at the previous months meetings.// 
- 
-// SUMMARY: We try to track prospects to give presentations at our SLUUG General (SLUUG) meeting and LINUX (STLLINUX) meetings.// 
-    * We try to segregate topic types as either **BASE, MAIN or LINUX,** with BASE and MAIN given at the General meeting (SLUUG) . 
-    * * *BASE* topics should be oriented toward simpler Personal Computing. Usually given as General meeting (SLUUG). Short is good. 
-      * *BASE* Something fundamental,​ introductory,​ instructive or simple. 
-    * * *MAIN* topics should be oriented more toward advanced or Professional Computing. Usually given at General meeting (SLUUG). 
-      * *MAIN* Something more advanced, detailed, important, profound, new, significant,​ timely or useful. ​ 
-    * * *LINUX* topics could be either at the General meeting or at the St. Louis Linux Users Group (STLLINUX) meetings. 
-    * We want to have alternative (secondary) topic on hand if primary speaker doesn'​t show.  
-  * **No physical face-to-face meetings until further notice ** 
-    * When we again have physical meetings, we would like to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-    * Gary will continue to explore different computer manufacturers (ex: Cray) who might be able to do presentation "Where are they now?" 
-      * :?: 
- 
-==== STEERCOM - August 30th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​steercom/​|SLUUG Steering Committee Meeting]] 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * :?: 
- 
-===== September 2021  ===== 
-<​code>​ 
-   ​September 2021      
-Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  ​ 
-          1  2  3  4  ​ 
- ​5 ​ 6  7  8  9 10 11  ​ 
-12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ​ 
-19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ​ 
-26 27 28 29 30        ​ 
-</​code>​ 
- 
-==== SLACC - September 2nd, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[http://​slacc.sluug.org/​|SLACC]] ​ 
-    * Usually holds a **Linux Workshop** offering installation and configuration help - no presentation 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== Labor Day - September 6th, 2021  ==== 
- 
-==== SLUUG - September 8th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​|SLUUG General Meeting]] 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​planning.pdf|Planning Schedule Report ]] 
-  * BASE (Personal Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Done** 
-    * WHAT: Introduction to TMUX 
-    * BY: Steve Stegmann 
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: NO 
-    * BIO: NO 
-    * REMARKS: 
-      * We did not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-  * 2021-08-02 
-    * Also, TMUX is the only TTY you will only ever need (this could be a different BASE presentation) 
-    * Steve suggests maybe to do two intros, 1) emacs and 2) TMUX in same time period. 
-    * Gary wants to save TMUX for another time. 
-    * Stan says that we should consider that simple things lead to a lot of questions. 
-  * 2021-08-30 
-    * TMUX has been listed as a future TBD Idea on the Planning Schedule Report database. 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * emacs was done for August BASE. 
-    * TMUX was done for September BASE. 
-    * Stan R thought TMUX was done almost as well as emacs was done in August. 
-    * Gary thought very good introduction. Gary pointed out calendar entry of following week's similar presentation. 
-    * :?: 
- 
----- 
-**      COOKIE TIME ~ ANNOUNCEMENTS ~ CALL FOR HELP  (Gooey Middle):​** ​ YUM YUM! 
----- 
- 
-  *  
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​planning.pdf|Planning Schedule Report ]] 
-  * MAIN (Professional Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Something** 
-    * WHAT: Extended Questions and Answers ​ 
-    * BY: Participants ​ 
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: NO 
-    * BIO:  
-    * REMARKS: ​ 
-    * We did not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-  * 2021-08-30 ​ 
-    * OEM (Original Equipment Manufacture) has been listed as a future TBD Idea on the Planning Schedule Report database. 
-      * ASUS, Cray, Dell, Hewlett-Packard,​ System76 (Linux), ...who might be able to do presentation "Where are they now?" 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * Extended Questions and Answers was done instead of a specific MAIN topic for September. 
-    * Gary wanted this was done partially because of interesting,​ timely and significant DISCUSS list postings. 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== STLLINUX - September 16th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[https://​stllug.sluug.org/​|STLLINUX]] is the St. Louis Linux Users Group. 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​planning.pdf|Planning Schedule Report ]] 
-  * LINUX 
-    * STATUS: **Done** 
-    * WHAT: Serverless Basics 
-    * BY: Frank Siler 
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: No 
-    * BIO: Yes 
-    * REMARKS: ​ 
-    * We did not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * There was a previously committed ZOOM remote session at this meeting time. 
-    * As a duplicate ZOOM remote session was not possible with the ZOOM account, we had to use the private Jitsi server hosted at Omnitek (Lee). 
-    * We were planning to test one day (Wednesday) prior; but, at last minute the presenter could not participate. 
-    * A Jitsi software update had been applied; but, I/we failed to test prior to this Thursday meeting. 
-    * Multiple remote attendees came in late and disrupted the session while attempting to resolve microphone and video issues. 
-    * Problems might have been due to untested Jitsi software update. ​ I/We do not really know for sure. 
-    * It was later learned that problems might have been due to Firefox browser bugs. I/We do not really know for sure. 
-    * Our usual Chat monitor (Phil Bunch) did not stay in meeting. I/We did not designate a replacement. 
-    * Distractions caused the presenter to start reading the chat requests. ​ 
-    * The presenter started his presentation over from beginning in response to a latecomer request. 
-    * The presenter had never before used Jitsi, familiar with MS TEAMS, Zoom, Google Meet. Totally negative experience for him. 
-    * The presenter later requested we take down recording as he considered it unprofessional with all the disruptions. 
-    * We took down the recording, posting only his slide PDF and notes instead. 
-    * Mistakes are great for learning what not to do, or at least learning what will go wrong. 
-    * Yet again, lack of experience, practice and volunteers bit us.  ​ 
-    * Per Gary, he was unable to determine that meeting was going on.  Others could either not hear or see shared screen. 
-    * We need to insure that presenter not pay attention to Chat room.  We need designated Chat monitor to pass on questions. 
-    * Today'​s Jitsi Community Call session talked about an existing timing issue when connecting. Accepting button to quickly cause problems. 
-    * Discussion about having Frank Siler repeat using ZOOM, if he is willing. 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== NEWLINUX - September 28th, 2021  ==== 
- 
-// SUMMARY: ​ 
-      Previously named Hazelwood LUG, then Newcomer LUG.  Now, NEWLINUX. 
-      The NEWLINUX home page lists a number of topics to provide general directions from which we could start. 
-      Topics are usually determined by attendees. ​ We usually cover way more than one topic. 
-// 
-  * [[http://​newlug.sluug.org |NEWLUG]] is our currently named Linux Users Group for Linux Newcomers. ​ 
-      * [[http://​newlinux.org |NEWLINUX]] is upcoming name New Linux Users Group for Linux Newcomers. ​ 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * :?: 
- 
-====== Meeting Schedule ====== 
- 
-===== October 2021  ===== 
-<​code>​ 
-    October 2021      ​ 
-Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  ​ 
-                1  2  ​ 
- ​3 ​ 4  5  6  7  8  9  ​ 
-10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ​ 
-17 18 19 20 21 22 23  ​ 
-24 25 26 27 28 29 30  ​ 
-31                    ​ 
-</​code>​ 
- 
-==== STEERCOM - October 4th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​steercom/​|SLUUG Steering Committee Meeting]] 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * Nine days prior to SLUUG MAIN General Meeting. 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== SLACC - October 7th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[http://​slacc.sluug.org/​|SLACC]] ​ 
-    * Usually holds a **Linux Workshop** offering installation and configuration help - no presentation 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== Columbus Day - October 11th, 2021  ==== 
- 
-==== SLUUG - October 13th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​|SLUUG General Meeting]] 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​planning.pdf|Planning Schedule Report ]] 
-  * BASE (Personal Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Confirmed** 
-    * WHAT: SNAPs for applications. 
-    * SUBTITLE: Dig yourself out of dependency helll 
-    * BY: Lee Lammert 
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: NO 
-    * BIO: NO 
-    * REMARKS: 
-      * We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-  * 2021-08-02 
-    * Also, TMUX is the only TTY you will only ever need (this could be a different BASE presentation) 
-    * Steve suggests maybe to do two intros, 1) emacs and 2) TMUX in same time period. 
-    * Gary wants to save TMUX for another time. 
-    * Stan says that we should consider that simple things lead to a lot of questions. 
-  * 2021-08-30 
-    * TMUX has been listed as a future TBD Idea on the Planning Schedule Report database. 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * emacs was done for August BASE. 
-    * TMUX was done for September BASE. 
-    * Extended Questions and Answers was done instead of a MAIN topic for September. 
-    * Steve had previously suggested maybe to do two BASE, in same time period. 
-    * Stan observes comments that lack of presentations for MAIN undermines reputation of UNIX continuing as a viable topic. ​   
-    * Stan suggests (if we do not have a MAIN) to schedule three BASE, in same time period. ​ We might easily come up with two BASE topics. ​ List the third BASE as an Open Discussion About HYBRID Meetings. That alone would draw, even if we never got to it. 
-    * Lee is on Planning Schedule for some BASE and MAIN topics that we would greatly appreciate. Such as "​Authentication Wild Card Certs",​ "​Docker Compose Series",​ "​Firewalld",​ "​Odoo"​ and more. 
-    * Stan wants Gitso as BASE; but, does not want Lee's motivation, notes and memory to get too cold. 
-    * Lee will build talk on his recent experience with SNAPS. 
-    * :?: 
----- 
-**      COOKIE TIME ~ ANNOUNCEMENTS ~ CALL FOR HELP  (Gooey Middle):​** ​ YUM YUM! 
----- 
-  *  
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​planning.pdf|Planning Schedule Report ]] 
-  * BASE (Personal Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Confirmed** 
-    * WHAT: GITSO 
-    * BY: Stan Reichardt 
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: NO 
-    * BIO:  
-    * REMARKS: ​ 
-      * We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-  * 2021-08-30 ​ 
-    * OEM (Orginal Equipment Manufacture) has been listed as a future TBD Idea on the Planning Schedule Report database. 
-      * ASUS, Cray, Dell, Hewlett-Packard,​ System76 (Linux), ...who might be able to do presentation "Where are they now?" 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * Now what do we do? 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== STLLINUX - October 21st, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[https://​stllug.sluug.org/​|STLLINUX]] is the St. Louis Linux Users Group. 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​planning.pdf|Planning Schedule Report ]] 
-  * LINUX 
-    * STATUS: **Available** 
-    * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD) 
-    * BY:  
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: No 
-    * BIO: No 
-    * REMARKS: ​ 
-      * We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * First priority is ask Frank Siler to represent either this Month or later. 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== NEWLINUX - October 26th, 2021  ==== 
-// SUMMARY: ​ 
-      Previously named Hazelwood LUG, then Newcomer LUG.  Now, NEWLINUX. 
-      The NEWLINUX home page lists a number of topics to provide general directions from which we could start. 
-      Topics are usually determined by attendees. ​ We usually cover way more than one topic. 
-// 
-  * [[http://​newlug.sluug.org |NEWLUG]] is our currently named Linux Users Group for Linux Newcomers. ​ 
-      * [[http://​newlinux.org |NEWLINUX]] is upcoming name New Linux Users Group for Linux Newcomers. ​ 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * :?: 
- 
-===== November 2021  ===== 
-<​code>​ 
-   ​November 2021      ​ 
-Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  ​ 
-    1  2  3  4  5  6  ​ 
- ​7 ​ 8  9 10 11 12 13  ​ 
-14 15 16 17 18 19 20  ​ 
-21 22 23 24 25 26 27  ​ 
-28 29 30              ​ 
-</​code>​ 
- 
-==== STEERCOM - November 1st, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​steercom/​|SLUUG Steering Committee Meeting]] 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * Nine days prior to SLUUG MAIN General Meeting. 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== SLACC - November 4th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[http://​slacc.sluug.org/​|SLACC]] ​ 
-    * Usually holds a **Linux Workshop** offering installation and configuration help - no presentation 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== SLUUG - November 10th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​|SLUUG General Meeting]] 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​planning.pdf|Planning Schedule Report ]] 
-  * BASE (Personal Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Available** 
-    * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD) 
-    * BY:  
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: NO 
-    * BIO: NO 
-    * REMARKS: 
-      * We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * :?: 
----- 
-**      COOKIE TIME ~ ANNOUNCEMENTS ~ CALL FOR HELP  (Gooey Middle):​** ​ YUM YUM! 
----- 
-  *  
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​planning.pdf|Planning Schedule Report ]] 
-  * MAIN (Professional Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Available** 
-    * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD) 
-    * BY:  
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: NO 
-    * BIO:  
-    * REMARKS: ​ 
-      * We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== STLLINUX - November 18th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[https://​stllug.sluug.org/​|STLLINUX]] is the St. Louis Linux Users Group. 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​planning.pdf|Planning Schedule Report ]] 
-  * LINUX 
-    * STATUS: **Available** 
-    * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD) 
-    * BY:  
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: No 
-    * BIO: No 
-    * REMARKS: ​ 
-      * We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== NEWLINUX - November 23rd, 2021  ==== 
-// SUMMARY: ​ 
-      Previously named Hazelwood LUG, then Newcomer LUG.  Now, NEWLINUX. 
-      The NEWLINUX home page lists a number of topics to provide general directions from which we could start. 
-      Topics are usually determined by attendees. ​ We usually cover way more than one topic. 
-// 
-  * [[http://​newlug.sluug.org |NEWLUG]] is our currently named Linux Users Group for Linux Newcomers. ​ 
-      * [[http://​newlinux.org |NEWLINUX]] is upcoming name New Linux Users Group for Linux Newcomers. ​ 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== STEERCOM - November 29th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​steercom/​|SLUUG Steering Committee Meeting]] 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * Nine days prior to SLUUG MAIN General Meeting. 
-    * :?: 
- 
-===== December 2021  ===== 
-<​code>​ 
-   ​December 2021      ​ 
-Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa  ​ 
-          1  2  3  4  ​ 
- ​5 ​ 6  7  8  9 10 11  ​ 
-12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ​ 
-19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ​ 
-26 27 28 29 30 31      
-</​code>​ 
- 
-==== SLACC - December 2nd, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[http://​slacc.sluug.org/​|SLACC]] ​ 
-    * Usually holds a **Linux Workshop** offering installation and configuration help - no presentation 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== SLUUG - December 8th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​|SLUUG General Meeting]] 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​planning.pdf|Planning Schedule Report ]] 
-  * BASE (Personal Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Available** 
-    * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD) 
-    * BY:  
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: NO 
-    * BIO: NO 
-    * REMARKS: 
-      * We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * :?: 
- 
----- 
-**      COOKIE TIME ~ ANNOUNCEMENTS ~ CALL FOR HELP  (Gooey Middle):​** ​ YUM YUM! 
----- 
- 
-  *  
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​planning.pdf|Planning Schedule Report ]] 
-  * MAIN (Professional Computing): 
-    * STATUS: **Available** 
-    * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD) 
-    * BY:  
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: NO 
-    * BIO:  
-    * REMARKS: ​ 
-      * We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== STLLINUX - December 16th, 2021  ==== 
-  * [[https://​stllug.sluug.org/​|STLLINUX]] is the St. Louis Linux Users Group. 
-  * [[http://​www.sluug.org/​planning.pdf|Planning Schedule Report ]] 
-  * LINUX 
-    * STATUS: **Available** 
-    * WHAT: To Be Determined (TBD) 
-    * BY:  
-    * SYNOPSIS: ​ 
-    * WRANGLER: Gary 
-    * ABSTRACT: No 
-    * BIO: No 
-    * REMARKS: ​ 
-      * We did/do/do not have an alternative (secondary) topic on hand. 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * :?: 
- 
-==== NEWLINUX - December 28th, 2021  ==== 
-// SUMMARY: ​ 
-      Previously named Hazelwood LUG, then Newcomer LUG.  Now, NEWLINUX. 
-      The NEWLINUX home page lists a number of topics to provide general directions from which we could start. 
-      Topics are usually determined by attendees. ​ We usually cover way more than one topic. 
-// 
-  * [[http://​newlug.sluug.org |NEWLUG]] is our currently named Linux Users Group for Linux Newcomers. ​ 
-      * [[http://​newlinux.org |NEWLINUX]] is upcoming name New Linux Users Group for Linux Newcomers. ​ 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * In the past, our holiday schedule change put us a week earlier during December. 
-    * Currently plan is to do meeting on ususal 4th Tuesday. ​ Might schedule an earlier Tuesday if regulars vote otherwise. 
-    * :?: 
- 
-====== Old Business ====== 
- 
-===== Server Admin ===== 
-//SUMMARY: We put up a server on the Internet for email, it grew, and now we have to maintain it.// 
-  * * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-  * 2021-02-01 
-  * 2021-03-01 
-    * Need to clarify below items taken from previous Recurring Requirements listings: 
-    * December 2020 - *automated* LetsEncrypt free SSL certificates for websites on BOCK. 
-    * **Note: Need documentation on this process!**  ​ 
-    * Mike Knight fixed o/a 6 October per email  
-    * Chuck did stuff.  ​ 
-    * Wiki documentation is so old as to becoming confusing and hard for Lee to document. 
-    * We are letting STLWEBDEV expire. 
-  * 2021-04-05 ​ 
-    * Lets Encrypt blew up two weeks ago, Lee fixed and should do some documentation since fresh in his mind. 
-    * February problem with Fail2Ban led to finding and fixing issues with mail. 
-    * o/a Oct 2020, the dovecot cert was reported invalid; Mike K investigated and found that the main SLUUG cert had been updated, but dovecot was not restarted. 
-    * Mike K created hooks in LE/​renewal-hooks/​deploy to restart devcot and postfix after installing a new CERT. 
-  * 2021-05-03 
-    * No change 
-  * 2021-06-02 Comments about May. 
-    * Mike Knight'​s changes have cut spam down about 90 percent. ​ Tuning and reporting on SpamAssasin has been exceptionally wonderful. 
-    * The server (BOCK) is still running. 
-  * 2021-07-05 
-    * We are very happy with spam reduction. 
-    * Mike Knight posted about Fail2Ban was see fewer attempts. 
-    * We are considering disabling password login and only use keys on BOCK. 
-    * However, with Fail2Ban jail watching, not a large problem. ​ So, continue as we are doing. No need to expand to using keys only. 
-    * Something to think about in future. 
-    *  
-    * FYI: 
-<​code>​ 
-     $ whatis hostnamectl 
-     $ hostnamectl (1)      - Control the system hostname 
-     $ hostnamectl 
-        Static hostname: bock 
-             Icon name: computer-vm 
-               ​Chassis:​ vm 
-            Machine ID: c7c5f69d3b794f2ab664662badab1fcc 
-               Boot ID: 70237f72032f4d73ac23013966c95d1e 
-        Virtualization:​ xen 
-      Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 
-                Kernel: Linux 4.9.0-14-amd64 
-          Architecture:​ x86-64 
-</​code>​ 
-    *  
-    * We should consider upgrading to Debian 10 near end of this calendar year. 
-    *  
-  * 2021-08-02 
-    * We covered it all last month. 
-  * 2021-08-30 
-    * Debian 11, codenamed bullseye, has been released. ​ Maybe we should plan to upgrade from Debian 9 to Debian 10. 
-    * Lee highly recommends upgrading to Debian 10 first, before going to Debian 11. 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * Lee added extra 50, then 150 GB to MEDIA. Total of 200 GB, however system won't yet recognize, won't extend partition table. 
-    * :?: 
- 
-===== Web Site SLUUG.ORG Maintenance ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: We have a traditional Internet presence with the existence of our main [[http://​www.sluug.org/​|SLUUG web site]]. // 
-  * * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-  * 2021-02-01 
-  * 2021-03-01 
-    * Downloadable ballot PDF was placed on each home page (SLUUG,​STLLINUX,​NEWLUG,​SLACC). 
-    * Gary and Dave talking about using WAYBACK to give SLUUG greater presence there. 
-  * 2021-04-05 * Gary and Dave still need to discuss. 
-  * 2021-05-03 * No change 
-  * 2021-06-02 Comments about May. 
-    * For 4 days all iframe presented calendars quit working for most browsers, except Opera and Safari. 
-    * Stan R added link to pull up sponsored events calendar if the iframe mini-calendar was to quit again. 
-  * 2021-07-05 
-    * Routine security evaluation of websites available from this site: 
-    * > SSL Server Test (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs) 
-    * > https://​www.ssllabs.com/​ssltest/​ 
-    * Sites are rated on scale of A, B, C, D, or F. 
-    * To see our site: 
-    * > SSL Server Test 
-    * > https://​www.ssllabs.com/​ssltest/​analyze.html?​d=www.sluug.org 
-    * We have tested 2021-06-08, 2021-06-10, 2021-06-23 
-    * Our current Overall Rating: B  
-    * Now we know about this, maybe worry more later. 
-  * 2021-08-02 ​ 
-    * Our current Overall Rating still: B as in Bravo  
-    * To see our site visit: 
-    * > SSL Server Test 
-    * > https://​www.ssllabs.com/​ssltest/​analyze.html?​d=www.sluug.org 
-    * MORE INFO » https://​blog.qualys.com/​ssllabs/​2018/​11/​19/​grade-change-for-tls-1-0-and-tls-1-1-protocols 
-    * Comments in above indicate major browsers have dropped support for TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 in CYR 2020. 
-    * All we might have to do, would be remove support for TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1. This might be what caps us to B rating. 
-    * The link above seemed to show what to do. Read the link Gary, but not now.  
-  * 2021-08-30 comments about August: ​ 
-    * Stan R combined all daily calendar occurrences of 4 or more historical events into one display item.  
-    * Stan R added descriptive narratives on SLUUG General site comparing BASE and MAIN topics: 
-      * BASE: Something fundamental,​ introductory,​ instructive or simple. 
-      * MAIN: Something more advanced, detailed, important, profound, new, significant,​ timely or useful. ​ 
-    * Stan R aligned the SLACC and NEWLINUX starting times on the SLUUG Google calendar to 1800 hrs. 
-      * The other meeting start times were already aligned to 1800 hrs. 
-      * The 1800 hrs time allows lead time of camera and microphone testing for remote sessions. 
-      * Informal discussion during set up time beneficial; however, we should continue designating a formal start of meeting. 
-      * There was significant interesting discussion prior to STLLINUX regular start time. 
-    * Stan R obtained the domain NEWLINUX dot ORG  
-    * Stan R obtained the domain SLACC dot ORG  
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * Buy Stan a beer for keeping WEB SITE running. 
-    * Mike Knight raising issues about off site backup. We lack band width, 15 Mb per second up to run backups. ​ More than we have externally at other end. 
-    * Mike Knight found Fail2Ban problems are reoccurring. 
-    * Stan R suggest using Public Key Authorization (PKA)  to completely avoid Password login attempts. 
-    * James Conroy suggests trying to use CrowdSEC dot COM. 
-    * :?: 
- 
-===== Web Site MEETUP.COM Maintenance ===== 
-//SUMMARY: We have presence on [[https://​www.meetup.com/​Saint-Louis-Unix-Users-Group/​|MEETUP.COM]]. // 
-  * * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-  * 2021-02-01 
-  * 2021-03-01 * Stan R made changes to make clear that MEETUP users need to go to our web pages for connection instructions. 
-  * 2021-04-05 ​ 
-    * Stan R believes we need a specific layout on MEETUP. ​ Lee agrees those that can not follow links are not bright and a waste of our time. 
-    * MEETUP dot COM still sucks! 
-  * 2021-05-03 * MEETUP dot COM is terrible. 
-  * 2021-06-02 * As much as we can avoid. 
-  * 2021-07-05 ​ 
-    * Number increases still don't give us actual new attendees. 
-    * For a few months now, Gary started splitting BASE and MAIN meeting into two meetings to emphasise two distinct topics.  ​ 
-    * Gets us twice as many listings. More for free is nice. 
-  * 2021-08-02 
-    * Stan R tried to respond to new person inquiry and when I sent URL, my message was flagged.  ​ 
-      * Work-around was to use "WWW dot SLUUG dot ORG" in my response. 
-    * MEETUP dot COM still sucks! 
-  * 2021-08-30 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-10-04 * Still sucks. 
- 
-===== Our Internet Presence on Other Social Media ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: We presume that our single web site isn't enough to draw younger crowd. // 
-  * * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-  * 2021-02-01 
-  * 2021-03-01 * No progress to report. 
-  * 2021-04-05 * We want James Conroy to investigate. ​ He is not here. 
-  * 2021-05-03 * No progress to report. 
-  * 2021-06-02 Comments about May. 
-    * We are too old and can't remember jack.  Actually, we just don't care. 
-    * Discord is new game in town.  Much like snapchat or instagram. ​ Pure social crud.  ​ 
-    * Charter is crap.  
-    * Charter sucks. ​ 
-  * 2021-07-05 ​ 
-    * Using many things like SLACK doesn'​t make any sense to us (the older crowd). 
-    * We need new young fresh blood. 
-  * 2021-08-02 * Need help. 
-  * 2021-08-30 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-10-04 * Got not. 
- 
-===== Saint Louis County Library Room Reservations ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: Room reservations at Saint Louis County Library Branches are available on each first Saturday of October and April. // 
-  * HISTORY: We routinely reserve and pay fees for monthly SIG meetings at various Saint Louis County Library Branches. 
-  * Applications for the use of St. Louis County Library Meeting Spaces are accepted on the first Saturday in October for January thru June dates, and on the first Saturday in April for July thru December dates. 
-  * We can always check for available Library [[http://​slcl.evanced.info/​spaces | spaces]]. 
-  * **Due to COVID19 restrictions,​ no library room reservations can be made until further notice.** 
-  * 
-  * * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 
-  * 2021-01-04 * No change 
-  * 2021-02-01 * No change 
-  * 2021-03-01 * No change 
-  * 2021-04-05 * No change 
-  * 2021-05-03 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-06-02 * Nothing new.  Would take Library lots of lead time to start reservation process. 
-  * 2021-07-05 * Library'​s using rooms for storage. ​ No foreseeable opening up. 
-  * 2021-08-02 
-    * Stan gets question at every meeting, about when we have face-to-face meetings. 
-    * Stan doesn'​t want to go face-to-face any time soon.  Old and cranky. 
-    * Dave F finds that  face-to-face with masks not something doable. 
-    * Nothing new that we know about. 
-  * 2021-08-30 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * October 2022 - First Saturday, reserve rooms at St. Louis County Library Branches did not happen. 
-    * Room Reservation Applications still are not being accepted at this time. 
-    * Mike Knight found that Saint Louis County Library Board voted to remove room fees. Still no timeline or reservation openings. 
- 
-===== Hybrid Meetings ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: Combine recording physical plus remote meetings //  
-<​code>​ 
-  * HISTORY: ​ 
-      * We have for the longest time been saying: ​ 
-      * **No physical face-to-face meetings until further notice.** 
-      * When we again have physical meetings, we would like to continue video meetings in conjunction with any physical meetings. 
-      * So, in anticipation of future openings of libraries and restaurants,​ 
-        * reduction of lock-down, we need to work toward perfecting the technology. ​ 
-</​code>​ 
-  * 2021-07-05 ​ 
-    * Project considerations 
-      * Locations 
-      * Schedule ~ Timeline 
-    * Assets 
-      * Staffing ​ 
-        * Project Leader ~ Lee Lammert (at least Point Of Contact) 
-        * Project Wrangler ~ Steve Stegmann (if he will remember) 
-        * Recording Hardware ~ Lee Lammert 
-        * Recording Software ~ Tyler Rudie (had been experimenting with OBS during July STLLINUX meeting) 
-        * Remote Virtual Software ~ ZOOM or Jitsi (maybe better) ? 
-        * Head Count (local clipboard and remote software participant panel to capture attendance). 
-        * Production Chief(s) ~ :?: 
-          * does recording and archives. 
-          * one for remote and one for live loction 
-        * Minions 
-      * Equipment ~ inventory ~ splitter ~ projectors ~ microphones ~ cameras ~ smartphone cameras ~ portability 
-          * avoid condenser microphones ~ want dynamic microphones (which may be more expensive) 
-      * Servers ~ ZOOM ~ Jitsi 
-      * Software ~ OBS ~ Discord? ~  
-        * Capabilities ~ Remote Video ~ Chat ~ Recording ~ Screen Sharing ~ YouTube Streaming? ​ 
-        * Documentation ~ Diagrams ~ Limitations 
-        * Testing ~  Bat Cave? ~ Restaurant? ​ 
-    * Discussion: 
-      * Gary M virtual remote experience at 2600 club was not good. They did not have splitter for hybrid session. 
-      * Lee figures harder, quite difficult, do we want to really do it.  How do we do recordings? 
-      * Stan R says local noise too much at restaurants. ​ 
-      * Head counts need to be considered. Gary once shared ZOOM participant panel. We need to promote sharing participant panel(s) for count heads. 
-      * Stan R has less problem using Jitsi.  ​ 
-      * Stan R thought Jitsi does not have built in recording (may not be true). 
-      * Stan R uses Linux SimpleScreenRecorder (SSR) to record all remote sessions. ​ Specifically activates participant panel while recording sessions with SSR. 
-      * We must consider when will libraries open up.  Also, Seimens, Nick and Elena'​s restaurant. 
-      * Gary suggests we move this topic earlier in agenda. ​ We don't expect to make much progress right away; but, need to keep in mind. 
-  * 2021-08-02 * Lee and Tyler still to combine efforts. 
-  * 2021-08-30 comments about August: ​ 
-    * Lee and Tyler still to combine efforts. ​ 
-      * Tyler used OpenShot software for a presentation.  ​ 
-      * Lee has secondary display and splitter, would allow presenter display for remote viewing.. 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * Suggest OfficeHours dot Global web site and video (will post link later). 
-    * :?: 
- 
-===== Camera and Microphone and Projectors ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: We try to record many of our meetings.// 
-  * * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  * 
-  * 2021-01-04 
-  * 2021-02-01 
-  * 2021-03-01 * Nothing new. Don still has Gary's microphone and Lee's camera. ​ Also hard drive with split video and sound recordings. 
-  * 2021-04-05 ​ 
-    * Don E has Lee's camera. 
-    * Don E has Gary's microphone. 
-    * Don E has Stan R hard drive 
-    * Gary needs to corner Don E. 
-  * 2021-05-03 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-06-02 * Nothing new. Gary needs to ask Don E again. 
-  * 2021-07-05 * Nothing new. Gary needs to ask Don E again. 
-  * 2021-08-02 
-    * Stan R still has the SLUUG projector. 
-    * Gary asking Don E.; but Don hasn't found items yet. 
-  * 2021-08-30 * Gary needs to bug Don E about one of SLUUG'​s cameras, and a hard drive with presentations,​ and Gary's maranara sauce mic.  
-  * 2021-10-04 * Nothing new. 
- 
-===== Planning Schedule Report Database ===== 
-// SUMMARY: We have LibreOffice BASE for tracking BASE, MAIN and STLLINUX meeting topics and speakers. ​ // 
-  * HISTORY: ​ :?: 
-    * Lee tested successfully on SUSE. 
-    * Gary & Stan have been loading. ​ 
-    * Stan is working on allowing multiple user updates. 
-    * Don **still** needs to test Stan's database on LibreOffice on Mac. Everyone else should test the database on their own systems. 
-  * * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  *  
-  * 2021-01-04 
-  * 2021-02-01 
-    * Speed of transfer improvements with using SSH public keys with upload script working considerably faster. 
-    * Anticipated availability of remote Firebase conversion in LibreOffice BASE has been delayed because of problems. 
-    * FireBird embedded database creation put back to experimental considering the number of bugs.  
-    * Other possibilities. 
-  * 2021-03-01 * General review and discussion. ​ 
-  * 2021-04-05 ​ 
-    * Good idea to do a BASE presentation to entire organization to introduce it to all.  
-    * Another thing for Stan to do. 
-    * LibreOffice BASE backed off on using Firebase RMDB because of bugs.  So, still can not have multiple users at same time. 
-  * 2021-05-03 * With use the terminology is getting smoother and more efficient. 
-  * 2021-06-02 * Good tool, Stan R has put a lot of time into.  The "​status"​ terminology continues to evolve. Hopefully for the better. 
-  * 2021-07-05 ​ 
-    * We have gotten to the point, where we are only listing confirming or confirmed items in the minutes. 
-    * Discussion can be done while displaying the Planning Schedule Report during Steering Committee meeting session. 
-    * Demonstration with using the database, was being done during this meeting, to include showing filtering of entries. 
-  * 2021-08-02 
-    * Stan R believes that he entered all the stuff that Lee sent for input into Planning Schedule. 
-    * Go to https://​www.sluug.org/​steercom/​ has link to planning.pdf 
-    * or directly to report 
-    * https://​www.sluug.org/​planning.pdf 
-  * 2021-08-30 ​ 
-    * Stan R moved the CentOS topics to future. ​ Multiple items were cluttering up recent consideration. 
-    * OEM (Original Equipment Manufacture) has been listed as a future TBD Idea on the Planning Schedule Report database. 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * Added possible repeat topic TOR (The Onion Router) by Lee L  
-    * Added possible topic "​Convert Email to Database"​ by Tyler Rudie 
-    * Added possible topic "​Remote multi-machine management tools" 
-    * :?: 
- 
-===== Uploading Presentations ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: We have recorded many of our past meetings and made some of them available on the Internet.// 
-  * * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  *  
-  * 2021-01-04 
-  * 2021-02-01 
-    * The January ZOOM recordings were linked just today. 
-  * 2021-03-01 
-    * Available February ZOOM and JITSI recordings were uploaded and linked to Presentations Archives page. 
-    * QUESTION: Should existing presentation files be gradually moved to /srv/MEDIA partition? 
-      * ANSWER: Per Lee, good idea! 
-      * PLAN: Stan R will start moving currently uploaded existing presentations and modify HTML links as appropriate. 
-      * PLAN: Stan R has found additional presentations that are also to be uploaded and linked. 
-      * GOAL: Determine how significant are our meeting recordings to our membership, and how significant might expansion eventually task BOCK. 
-      * Stan R used to use Webalizer hit report page;but, it has been so very long that he has forgotten exactly how to use it. 
-      * Stan R hopes to use Webalizer to measure downloads by members that are viewing the uploaded presentations. 
-      * Recent (on Sunday) initiation of hit report produced the Webalizer https://​www.sluug.org/​hitreport/​ page that seems quite limited. 
-      * QUESTIONS: Is Webalizer constantly capturing data so that we can use it?  If not, could it be reconfigured?​ 
-      * Would be nice to know; but, we don't have staffing to explore expanding Webalizer nor YouTube at this time. 
-  * 2021-04-05 ​ 
-    * Stan R pay tripled, even though has not checked into Webalizer capture of data. Not enough time. 
-    * We will have to revisit Webalizer hit report page.  Let Mikey do it (or some other minion). 
-  * 2021-05-03 * No change 
-  * 2021-06-02 ​ 
-    * One of the recordings we uploaded failed 10 minutes in, even though it said 
-    * it was all there. ​ Had to reupload to server. ​ In future, must check that full 
-    * file has been uploaded by jumping all the way to the end. 
-  * 2021-07-05 
-    * Found that we had not uploaded and linked (because of misconfiguration 
-    * as MKV)  Bryce Meyer'​s STLLINUX ​ Using Open Tools to Sell Your Art video 
-    * session from August 2020.  Uploaded and linked. 
-    *  
-    * Discovered that Open HandBreak can by default convert MKV files to MP4. It does,  
-    * however, even on 16GB workstation take full playback time to process the conversion. 
-    *  
-    * The STLLINUX ​ CEPH File System Followup by Michael Carringon and Uyuni 
-    * Project by Patrick Swarts from September 2020 needed to be converted 
-    * from MKV to MP4, upload and linked for useable access. ​ Uploaded and linked. 
-    *  
-    * We finally finished video processing (using the "​Shotcut"​ video editor to 
-    * blur some scenes) required within Scott Graneman'​s BASE 1Password session. 
-    * Accidental and unexpected transitions had shown some of his passwords. 
-    * Even though he had changed any compromises,​ it seemed a better idea to 
-    * not show anything questionable. 
-    *  
-    * This was combined with Steven Lembark'​s MAIN The Raku (Perl 6) Language 
-    * session from March 2021.  Uploaded and linked. 
-    *  
-    * We called attention to the BASE "​1Password"​ video portion in a DISCUSS 
-    * posting, without highlighting the processing delay. 
-    *  
-    * Found that we had uploaded James Conroy'​s BASE Create Your Own Shell 
-    * Function session, ​ combined with Steven Borrelli'​s MAIN COSI (a new API) 
-    * session from April 2021; but, had failed to link on web page.  Uploaded and linked. 
-    *  
-    * Also we had not uploaded and linked DeWayne Hughes'​s STLLINUX IBM Z and 
-    * LinuxOne video session from April 2021.  Uploaded and linked. 
-    *  
-    * Despite all of these delays, failures and mistakes, we received no complaints 
-    * that things were missing. ​ Not even from the presenters. ​ Currently we have 
-    * no way of knowing if or when anyone views these recordings. ​ Would be nice to know; 
-    * but, we don't have staffing to explore expanding Webalizer nor YouTube at this time. 
-    * 
-  * 2021-08-02 
-  * 2021-08-30 
-  * 2021-10-04 * Work is on-going. 
- 
-===== Handouts ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: We have informational handout PDFs available [[http://​www.sluug.org/​resources/​handouts/​]]. // 
-  * HISTORY: The PDFs are generated using LibreOffice. The originating files are stored along with generated PDFs. 
-    * Lee ordered printer parts that should correct crinkle problem. 
-    * Stan R has been modifying a Linux Presentation Day from 2015 found on the Internet. ​ It has excellent content. 
-      * Difficult to modify, as it is extremely graphically intense. ​ Built and modified with the Scribus application. 
-      * Likely too complex to print, may wind up splitting content to make a slide show presentation. 
-  * * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  *  
-  * 2021-01-04 
-  * 2021-02-01 * Nothing being updated for now. 
-  * 2021-03-01 * Nothing being updated for now. 
-  * 2021-04-05 * Nothing being updated for now. 
-  * 2021-05-03 * no change 
-  * 2021-06-02 * Nothing being updated for now.  Not enough time to work on it. 
-  * 2021-07-05 * Nothing being updated for now.  Not enough time to work on it. 
-  * 2021-08-02 
-  * 2021-08-30 * Nothing. 
-  * 2021-10-04 * Crinkle problem resolved last year.  Stan R started to two handouts; but, ran out of time this week. 
- 
-===== ANNOUNCE Mailing List ===== 
-// SUMMARY: As a historical descendant of our monthly newsletter, the ANNOUNCE mailing had been a weekly extract of our SLUUG GOOGLE Calendar of Events. 
-  Previous editors had also styled it less of 1 liners of the entire calendar and more of abstracts of OUR talks & outstanding interest items.// 
-  * HISTORY: The subscriber list has been populated from attendance sheets by a nominating subscription process, which requires human input. 
-  * 
-  * * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  *  
-  * 2021-01-04 
-  * 2021-02-01 
-  * 2021-03-01 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-04-05 * Stan R has no clue about placing SUSE people on both DISCUSS and ANNOUNCE list. 
-  * 2021-05-03 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-06-02 * Nothing new.  Lower content in recent times. 
-  * 2021-07-05 * Nothing new.  Would be nice to get "​another"​ editor to provide more content. 
-  * 2021-08-02 
-  * 2021-08-30 * One new user added. 
-  * 2021-10-04 * One new user added. 
- 
-===== Sponsorships ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: We seek financial support from the tech community. // 
-  * HISTORY: We are not good at getting sponsors. 
-  * 
-  * * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  *  
-  * 2021-01-04 
-  * 2021-02-01 
-  * 2021-03-01 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-04-05 * Thanks to Omnitec. 
-  * 2021-05-03 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-06-02 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-07-05 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-08-02 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-08-30 * Nothing new.  Only Omnitec is outstanding in supporting us. We should list Ken Johnson as a sponsor. 
-  * 2021-10-04 * Nothing new. 
- 
-===== Linux Stickers ===== 
-//  SUMMARY: Ken Johnson really prefers stickers, rather than stuffed toys! // 
-  * HISTORY: ​ SWAG is good! 
-    * Lee has sheet to pass on to Ken. 
-    * James Conroy will make background black so we can get what we want when ordered. 
-  * 
-  * * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  *  
-  * 2021-01-04 
-  * 2021-02-01 
-  * 2021-03-01 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-04-05 * Wrong row count on sticker template. 
-  * 2021-05-03 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-06-02 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-07-05 * Lee hasn't had time to tweak counts on template layout. 
-  * 2021-08-02 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-08-30 * Nothing new. 
-  * 2021-10-04 * Nothing new. 
- 
-===== Organizational Papers ===== 
-// SUMMARY: We have large box of hard copy historical records concerning our organization. ​ It has been floating around. ​ // 
-HISTORY: * 2020-10-05 * Gary found cardboard box with old secretary material. Original Xeroxes of articles of corporation,​ etc. Historical interest. No idea who dropped it off. 
-  * * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  *  
-  * 2021-01-04 * Gary had to step over the box to attend this session (so he still has box). 
-  * 2021-02-01 
-  * 2021-03-01 * Box still there. 
-  * 2021-04-05 * Box still there. 
-  * 2021-05-03 * Box still there. 
-  * 2021-06-02 * Box still there. ​ Stinky salami sandwich is festering. 
-  * 2021-07-05 ​ 
-    * Box still there. ​ Per Rich Sieble the year of incorporation was 1992. Would make this our 29th year. 
-    * Lee checked with Missouri Secretary of State site, found it to be July 9th 1992. 
-    * Terry Linhardt did all of the presentations in year before incorporation. 
-    * We have question as is when did our News Letter start? ​ Will explore this latter. 
-  * 2021-08-02 * Gary again missed the opportunity. 
-  * 2021-08-30 * Box still there. ​ Well within one year spoilage time. 
-  * 2021-10-04 * One year anniversary. It's still there. 
- 
-===== Hardware Donations ===== 
-  * 2021-04-05 ​ 
-    * Lee provided 32 bit machines, 3 laptops and a tower, offered on DISCUSS 
-    * Snapped up by Gary and some guy named Leo. 
-  * 2021-05-03 * Gary still has hardware to hand out. 
-  * 2021-06-02 * Gary still has hardware to hand out. 
-  * 2021-07-05 ​ 
-    * Gary wants to get with Stan to install LinuxMint MATE on at least one laptop. 
-    * One box missing battery. ​ All may work better with 32 bit distros. Likely all low performance boxes. 
-    * Gary should coordinate with Leo on doing an installation on one more of the boxes. 
-    * Stan offered to do it remotely using GITSO remote software connection. 
-    * Today Stan R has been using Ventoy to boot multiple ISOs from single USB thumb drive. 
-    * Stan R successfully tested with a dozen ISOs. Ventoy is known to work with 200 plus ISOs. 
-  * 2021-08-02 
-    * Stan worked with Gary to put LinuxMint MATE 20.x on one of the machines. 
-    * Stan gave Gary a Ventoy thumb drive. ​ Ventoy thumb drives are not perfectly reliable. ​ Depends on target machine and BIOS/​EIFEIOU crap. 
-  * 2021-08-30 * Gary still has two box to distribute. 
-  * 2021-10-04 * Gary still has two boxes staring at him. Looking forward to helping one female user. 
- 
-===== We Need Help ===== 
-// SUMMARY: We don't have enough volunteers to do everything consistently.//​ 
-  * HISTORY: We need new members who want to do stuff. Same as every month. 
-    * Tyler Rudie had volunteered to help with SLUUG Google calendar input. 
-    * Gary, Stan, & Tyler need to get together to review Tyler getting to work on Google Calendar modifications?​ 
-    * Tyler Rudie has been granted permissions to help with SLUUG Google calendar input. Not yet given guidance or instructions. 
-    * Gary needs to prompt him. 
-  * QUESTION: Any new volunteers to help? 
-  * 
-  * * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  *  
-  * 2021-01-04 
-  * 2021-02-01 
-  * 2021-03-01 * Gary needs to find a good shrink. 
-  * 2021-04-05 * Gary needs to find a free good shrink. 
-  * 2021-05-03 * Gary wants to find a free good shrink. 
-  * 2021-06-02 
-    * Blanket request, help wanted posting doesn'​t seem to work well.  Better to approach an individual. 
-    * We will need new LUG chair, James Conroy (not James Conway) will be moving to new job in Texas. 
-    * Gary has been remiss in bringing Tyler up to speed on doing Calendar maintenance. 
-  * 2021-07-05 * Same as always, we need all the help we can get. 
-  * 2021-08-02 * Same as always, we need all the help we can get. 
-  * 2021-08-30 * Same as always, we need all the help we can get. 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * Stan R posted "​Looking for a few Good Presenters"​ on DISCUSS this morning. So far, nothing in response. 
- 
-====== New Business ====== 
-//  SUMMARY: After old business, we call for anything that we need to deal with: // 
-  * Do we have anything else, anything new that we need to deal with? 
-  * 2021-10-04 * None 
- 
-====== Recurring Requirements ====== 
-//  SUMMARY: We routinely rotate thru the following (just in case): // 
-  * HISTORY: ​ In past, we had missed critical government filings, dropped ball on domain renewals, and similar important items. 
-  * 
-  * November 2021 
-  *  
-  * December 2021 
-  *  
-  * January 2022 - STLLINUX.ORG domain automatic renewal. 
-  * January 2022 - auto renew of STLWEBDEV was DISABLED ​ 4 January 2021. 
-  * January 2022 ~ Post Office Box Renewal (automatic 6 months on credit card) ~ Lee handles. 
-  *  
-  * February 2022 - SLUUG Annual Board meeting and elections. 
-  * February 2022 - Verify automatic renewal of certs with LetsEncrypt (every 90 days). 
-  * February 2022 - Cancel auto renew of STLWEBDEV before 18 December 21. 
-  *  
-  * March 2022 - Count Ballots 
-  * March 2022 - Updates to contacts on webpage if required. 
-  * March 2022 - Updates to email aliases if required. 
-  * March 2022 - *automated* LetsEncrypt free SSL certificates for websites on BOCK. 
-  * March 2022 - Consider schedule workshops for July and August 2021 
-  * March 2020 - <del> schedule workshops for July and August </​del>​ 
-  * March 2020 - <del> *automated* LetsEncrypt free SSL certificates for websites on BOCK</​del>​ 
-  *  
-  * April 2022 - First Saturday, reserve rooms at St. Louis County Library Branches. 
-  * April 2022 - IRS Form 990-N for Tax Exempt Status. ​  ​e-postcard. 
-  *  
-  * May 2022   - LetsEncrypt renews every 60 days early (30 day grace period). 
-  *  
-  * June 2022 - BuddyNS SLUUG account due (Automated) 
-  * June 2022 - Missouri Annual Report for Corporate Legal Status due. 
-                * https://​bsd.sos.mo.gov/​BusinessEntity/​BusinessEntityDetail.aspx?​page=beSearch&​ID=681250 
-  * June 2022 - *automated* LetsEncrypt free SSL certificates for websites on BOCK. 
-  *  
-  * July 2022 ~ Post Office Box Renewal (automatic 6 months on credit card) ~ Lee handles. 
-  *  
-  * August 2022 - NEWLINUX.ORG domain renewal. 
-  * August 2022 - SLACC.ORG domain renewal. 
-  *  
-  * September 2022 
-  *  
-  * October 2022 - First Saturday, reserve rooms at St. Louis County Library Branches. 
-  *  
-  * November 2022 
-  *  
-  * December 2022 
-  *  
- 
-  * 2021-08-02 * Nothing coming up this next two months. ​ And October thing NOT likely to happen. 
-  * 2021-08-30 * Nothing coming up this next two months. ​ And October thing NOT likely to happen. 
-  * 2021-10-04 * Nothing new for October, November and December. 
- 
-====== Recognize Useful Efforts ====== 
-//  SUMMARY: When anybody does something to help! // 
-  * QUESTION: Did anyone do anything helpful or useful? 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * Stan R going thru Presentations,​ Agenda, ​ 
-    * Lee and Mike K keeping servers working. 
-    * Suggest we cut Gary M pay in half. Voted and carried. 
-    * :?: 
- 
-====== Follow-up and Action Items ====== 
-//  SUMMARY: It may help a little to tag individuals with tasks: // 
-  * Everyone - Review the STEERCOM minutes, make corrections,​ act! 
-  * Everyone - **Talk to someone about coming to meetings.** 
-  * Everyone - Talk to someone about giving a presentation. 
-  * Everyone - Stan R wants LibreOffice Planning database tested on multiple systems. 
-  * 
-  * Don Ellis ~ Test Stan's Planning database on LibreOffice on Mac. 
-  * Don Ellis ~ Upon return to town, clean tomato sauce off the Snowball microphone (there was minor accident at STLLINUX). 
-  * Don Ellis ~ upload older videos to Google Photos and/or Google Docs & publish links. 
-  * Don Ellis ~ Possible presentation - 2018-07-18 he had suggested Apple interfaces and accessories for audio & video. 
-  * Don Ellis ~ Possible presentation on new ChromeBook Linux interface. July 2020 
-  * Don Ellis ~ will investigate Google+ status 
-  * Don Ellis ~ will place credentials for YouTube and any others on Bock /home/sluug 
-  * 
-  * Gary Meyer ~ Hassle Mike about Google throttling. 
-  * Gary Meyer ~ Contact Steve Pidgeon for progress report. 
-  * Gary Meyer ~ Contact Steve Lembark about splitting presentation into two parts. 
-  * Gary Meyer - Build spreadsheet to track domain name registrations. See http://​bgp.he.net/​ip/​207.223.253.71#​_dns 
-  * Gary Meyer - Did not follow up with Noel about transferring the SLACC.COM domain to us. 
-    * SLACC.COM is now held by someone else (squatter). ​   ​ 
-    * SLACC.ORG could be registered. ​ SLACC.ORG available for sale ~ only $499. 
-    * Consider other TLDs than .com and .org for SLACC 
-  * Stan R. ~ Remind Gary Meyer to bring SWAG, Penguins or stickers to meetings and hand out pamphlets. 
-  * Stan and Gary should get together and discuss how ANNOUNCE was done. 
-  *  
-  * * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  *  
-  * 2021-01-04 * Gary and Stan need to go through this section. 
-  * 2021-02-01 
-  * 2021-03-01 * Stan went through this section, and moved and deleted much (but, there are still some that are becoming moot). 
-  * 2021-04-05 
-  * 2021-05-03 
-  * 2021-06-02 
-  * 2021-07-05 * Not reviewed at this time. 
-  * 2021-08-02 
-  * 2021-08-30 
-  * 2021-10-04 * Not reviewed at this time. 
- 
-====== Adjourn Meeting ====== 
-  * Monday, October 4th, 2021 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * QUESTION: At what time was meeting adjourned? 
-    * TIME: 20:22 
- 
-====== Stop Video Recording ====== 
- 
-====== Blue Sky Ideas ====== 
-//  SUMMARY: Food for thought ~  anything not previously covered that provides mental stimulus for thinking about improvements or solutions. // 
-<​code>​ 
-  * HISTORY: ​ Stimulate creativity by planting the seed of an idea.  ​ 
-    * Current action or response not required. 
-    * Some ideas are Off-The-Record ~ NOT TO BE RECORDED! 
-    * Some ideas should be publicized.~ SHOULD BE RECORDED! 
-    * If a speaker believes something should not be recorded, the recording operator needs to be notified. 
-    * ** Each speaker would initially declare whether an idea should be recorded or not. **  
-</​code>​ 
-  * * Minutes narratives prior to January 2021 Steercom have been removed.* ​ 
-  *  
-  * 2021-01-04 * We are moving Blue Skies segment to after adjournment,​ so it would take place after formal end of meeting and would not be video recorded. 
-  * 2021-04-05 * Blue Skies segment moved to after adjournment,​ takes place after formal end of meeting and is not video recorded. 
-  * 2021-06-02 comments: 
-  * 2021-08-30 comments: 
-    * Gary wanted to hold off stopping recording to after Blue Sky. 
-    * We need to draft more help. Encourage participants. Thin bleeding edge is the current state of affairs. 
-    * What topic content should we be aiming at?  
-      * What are we not doing well?  ​ 
-      * Need to expand speaker base. 
-  * 2021-10-04 
-    * :?: 
- 
-====== End of File  ====== 
-====== Keep this Template ====== 
-//  SUMMARY: Frequently used to track efforts, errors, problems and successes with multiple recording services, when meetings are recorded. ​ 
-// 
-<​code>​ 
-  * YYYY-MM-DD comments: (TEMPLATE) 
-    * :?: Pick the primary recording service we used below, then delete other(s) (and this line): 
-    * :?: Primary recording for this session being done with ZOOM thru OMNITEC provided remote video service. 
-    * :?: Primary recording for this session being done with JITSI on https://​nyx.omnitec.net/​ remote video service. 
-    * :?: Stan R ( will use | used ) Linux SimpleScreenRecorder to make ( primary | secondary ) recording. 
-    * :?: 
-</​code>​ 
- 
  
steercom/2021-10.txt · Last modified: 2021/10/07 06:38 (external edit)